Chapter 5

Will you be my girlfriend?

The question kept running round my head, over and over again. I must have been stood here for a couple of minutes while trying to grasp the concept that Finn Harries wants me to be his girlfriend. The look on his face told me that I had to reply now or I would lose him.

“Yes. Course I will.” I said watching the smile on his face grow and grow, making my heart melt.

“Oh thank god! I thought that you were going to say no to me, and that you were just trying to find a gentle way to say it.”

“No I would never do that. I would never want to risk our friendship, and honestly, I ummm I really like you.” As soon as I had said that I felt his lips on my own and his arms had wrapped round my waist without me even realising. The kiss lasted a good couple of minutes and when we pulled away, we were both panting heavily trying to catch our breath.

He took the box that held a lovely silver chained bracelet inside from me and took the bracelet out. I held my wrist up so that he could put it on. I was slightly confused when he went to get another thing out of the box, yet all confusion was put aside when I saw that he held a small charm that was meant to sit in the middle of the bracelet. He quickly attached to and then took my hand and led me to the living room where everyone was eating and chatting to themselves.

When Caitlyn noticed that our hands were linked, she let out a piercing shriek and ran over to me to pull me into a hug. She had clearly figured that Finn had asked me out. She the proceeded to grab my hands so that we could jump up and down but that quickly stopped when she noticed the bracelet.

“Wow that’s beautiful. Where did you get that from? I didn’t notice it before.” Instead of answering her, I simply turned to face Finn who had a big bright smile on his face. He quickly gave me a wink before he went to get something to eat.

“WAIT! FINN BOUGHT IT FOR YOU?” Caitlyn shrieked again jumping up and down clapping he hands excitedly.

“Yes he did. And as you have already guessed, he has also asked me out.”

“Please tell me you said yes!”

“No I said that I couldn’t but I held his hand to rub it in that I said no. Of course I did!” I said becoming slightly sarcastic at her stupidity.

“Okay, okay calm down.” She said smirking at me.

“Come on,” Jasmine interrupted, “Lets get something to eat and then we can watch a film.”

“Yeah it can be a horror, so that way Beth can cuddle up to Finn.” Sara said smiling cheekily.

“Did I hear someone my name?” a voice said from behind me.

“No course not.” I replied a little too quickly, earning a smirk from Finn who came to stand next to me wrapping an arm round my waist pulling me into his side.

“Awww how cute!” Came another deeper voice that I recognised to be my dads. I turned round expecting to come face to face with a very angry parent. Yet in stead he had a small smile gracing his lips and a look in his eye like he had seen this before. I then looked over to the pictures on the shelves on top of the fire place when I noticed one photo in particular. It was one of dad and mum in the same position as Finn and I when they had first met, the only difference being dad was kissing the top of my head. I turned to look back at dad and I saw a happy tear roll down his cheek as he remembered the memory.

“Right okay, so what film should we watch?” I heard Jasmine shout over the noise.

“I still vote for a horror!” Sara said standing next to a nodding Caitlyn who sent me a wink earning a blush from me and a raised eye brown from Finn.

“Why did she just do that?” Finn asked. I just shrugged and walked over to the sofa to sit down just as Sara popped insidious into the DVD player.

­­­-.-.-.-.-

By the end of the third movie I was tucked into Finns side with his arm wrapped protectively round my waist, just like Sara said we would be. I wasn’t a fan of horror movies anyway but with Finn next to me, I felt safe. I could explain it and to be honest I didn’t want to, in case I lost it.

It was now 2:37am and it was time that people started heading home. Well when I said people I meant Finn as Sara, Jasmine and Caitlyn were staying over for the night.

I walked Finn over to the door and waited as he put his coat and scarf on to protect himself from the cold. We stepped outside so that he knew when his mum was here to pick him up.

“Thank you for inviting me tonight.” He said turning to face me, pulling me into his arms.

“Thank you for coming, and thank for the bracelet.”

“You’re welcome, for both.” A smile graced my lips as I watched his, wishing that I could kiss them so I could feel how soft they were again. Almost as if he had read my mind, he gently lowered his head to mine and captured mine with his. Just as I started to build up, there was a car honk. We reluctantly broke apart.

“That’s my mum. See you tomorrow babe. Night and sweet dreams.”

“Night Finn.”

I watched as he walked down the drive to his mums car and got in. we waved to me as his mum was pulling away and I waved back before going back inside a went up to my room. When I walked in I noticed that everyone was asleep and I climbed into bed suddenly feeling tired. As I fell asleep, 3 things were floating round my head.

He called me babe,

I'm dating Finn Harries and

His lips are SO soft!