The Struggle

Erza's POV

"This is getting pointless! What happened to him?" said Gajeel as everyone were sitting and standing at corners of the lounge room. "Don't you remember he was brutally tortured by the hunters during the time we were captured." said Gray. I came forward to Gray, "Who did this to him? I want to know what happen..."

"They tortured him day and night, trying to get some truth out of him." I turned around seeing a girl with long blue hair sitting at the side. "It's you the other day..."

"The name's Wendy. Well back to the subject, he was interrogated for the murder of Kagura's parents and Minerva's father." I gasped and my eyes shot wide. "I don't understand, Jellal won't ever do such a thing."

"Don't worry about it, he did it out for revenge, for all of us even for his hometown. He saved me back then, I was one of the victims too." said Wendy while clutching to her chest. I sighed heavily as she continued, "But we still don't know the reason why all of this happened. I'm sure to find out the answer someday."

"How come you left Kagura? I thought you were supposed to be..." She cut halfway my question, "She's just only adopting as her sister. The fact I left her is that I don't see the light anymore in her. Her revenge for killing Jellal has brought her to darkness. That I couldn't agree with it."

"Impressive, hearing from a little girl like you Wendy." said Laxus who was busy smoking a cigarette. "Is there anything we can do to help Jellal?" I said as he sighed putting down his cigarette into the trash can. "I've already contacted Porlyusica, she's on her way here. For the time being, I suggest that everyone here shouldn't go close to Jellal in case his condition might get worse, however, Natsu..."

Natsu looked up, "What?"

"You'll be the one to take care of Jellal for the time being." Porlyusica came over all of the sudden almost scaring all of us. Natsu and Gray shrieked, "Since when did you get here?" She scoffed, "From the beginning when Laxus started talking. I heard from Laxus about the entire situation, so Natsu I'm handing this task to you. You should be the one to give the elixir to Jellal after meals."

"Why choose me?" said Natsu. "Because he was clinging to you just now when he woke up remember? Geez you do have short term memory loss fireball." said Gray. "What's that supposed to mean, you ice perv."

"Enough this nonsense! Natsu you are coming with me now, I'll have to see his condition. Looks like I'll be staying over for a few days." said Porlyusica leaving along with Natsu behind. I wanted to follow but she stopped me, "No my dear, you should stay here for a moment, I'll do whatever to make sure that he recovers well." I nodded and smiled, "I'm grateful Porlyusica."

Natsu's POV

"Jellal, are you okay?" I asked seeing him hiding beneath the covers of the bed, shivering in fear. I sighed looking at Porlyusica then back to him. I went closer patting him gently, "Come on Jellal, it's alright, there's nothing to be afraid of." He slowly creep out from the covers looking at me like an innocent child. "Are...you...sure..." He asked. I felt sad seeing his eyes all down like there's no living of tomorrow. "What really happened to you Jellal?" Porlyusica started with a question. "Don't ask him straight away, he's still..."

"I know how you feel Jellal, I remember what you went through in your past. You were a bright young boy, always smiling. You had the brightest smile I ever seen in the world until that fateful thing happened to your hometown and your mother. You seemed to lost your smile and always cry every night. That's why I decided to remove those memories to make sure that you be yourself again, the bright little child like you always have been." I was blown hearing everything what Porlyusica mentioned.

Jellal yelled, "Just leave me alone!" I gasped gripping his hand, "Stay calm Jellal! Don't move too much or your wound will reopened." He cried out loud, struggling from my grip. Blood started to gushed out from his wound almost stained the bed. "Quick gripped him tightly before he moves any longer." Porlyusica ordered as I gripped both his arms trying to stopped him. "Leave me be!" He kept on begging and crying out loud. I couldn't stand it any longer till Porlyusica gave him an injection at his wrists waiting for him to calm down. Tears were streaming down from his eyes as he soon drifted off to sleep.

She hissed looking at the wound, Some of the stitches are out, I'll need some new bandages." I stood at the corner, watching her working on Jellal's wound. His forehead were sweating and his breathing was heavy.

Gray, Erza and Gajeel came in the room. "How is he? We heard him screaming from below." said Gray as I shook my head, "Everything is fine now, he's just going through a tough time, mentally. His wound reopened slightly, so Porlyusica is working on it right now."

Two hours passed and I sat there alone with him, waiting. It was already evening, Erza brought in some dinner for the both of us. I felt bad for her since she can't go close to Jellal for the time being till he recovers. "I'm sorry Erza for all of this." I said as she chuckled, "No need to apologize. You did nothing wrong, Natsu." She left the food on the table and some drinks. "Oh I almost forgot, if he doesn't want to eat, just give him some warm milk and honey."

I raised my eyebrow, "Milk and honey?"

"It might help his digestion and warm him up. My mother always give me that whenever I'm feeling down or scared. She always pour lots of honey in it making it sweeter for me to drink it." she said with a smile. "Alright, I'll try, thanks Erza." I said as she chuckled leaving the room.

Few seconds passed and I heard a soft groaning sound. I turned seeing Jellal slowly awake from his deep sleep. "YOu're up sleepy head, come on your meal is here." I said while placing the tray of porridge on his lap which Erza brought in just now. He stared at the food not even moving his hand. "Anything wrong Jellal?" I asked as he shook his head, "Thank you but I'm not hungry." he said.

"You really need to eat something Jellal, you looked pretty pale these few days."

"I told you I'm not hungry." I sighed taking the tray from him as he laid down back, turning to the other side. Maybe I should get him to drink the milk like Erza suggested. I poured some honey in the milk and walked over to Jellal, bringing the warm milk nearer to his face. "You still need to fill your stomach Jellal, drink this..." He looked at the cup in front of him till he sat up on the bed, taking it from me. He took a sip of it, "Its sweet..." he said and I smiled, "There's honey in it. Erza told me to put some honey in the milk to make it sweeter. She always had it whenever she was scared or feeling down."

"Erza...made this..." he asked as I nodded. He handed me back the cup, "Take it, I'm fine as it is." he said without even taking another sip. "But..."

"Just leave me alone Natsu..." he said going back to bed trying to drift off to sleep. I placed the cup back on the tray, looking down the floor. "Goodnight Jellal." I said before leaving the room.

"How is he?" asked Erza as I looked at her sadly, "He didn't even touch his food and the drink. He seems to be down." I explained. "I see..." said erza, seeing her hands clutching to her chest as she left the lounge room. "Where you going?" said Gajeel. "I'm resting up. Goodnight." she said closing the door behind her.

"Man she's down..." said Gajeel. "I never see the two of them like this." added Gray. I crossed my arms, thinking of something that would cheer Erza and Jellal up. "What should we do?"

"Give some time for them. I'm sure they'll be alright." said Laxus.

TIMESKIP

Erza's POV

I locked the door, burying my head between my knees, crying. I should have been there for him and never let go. After a few minutes, I wiped off my tears and took out my cellphone. "Erza?" said Mira through the phone. "Hey Mira, I..I might need your help."

"Yeah sure, what do you want me to help you with?" I explained to her the whole situation and she agreed to help out with my plan. I put my phone down after the call ended. Kagura...Minerva...and those hunters...I'm going to find out the truth of them.

TO BE CONTINUED...