The Sudden Change In Him

Erza's POV

"What did you say? Is this true?" I said frantically staring at Mira as she nodded her head. "Yes, I got a call from Laxus saying that Jellal and the others are at his mansion now. He's been badly injured and getting treatment from Laxus's personal doctor, Porlyusica." I flinched grabbing my jacket and dashed out of my apartment. "Erza..." I ran out of the building into the cold streets.

My heart was pounding so fast while running. I couldn't help but worried about him. I ran and took a cab at the nearest station to Laxus mansion which was far from Magnolia, just an hour away. I got down from the cab and ran across the streets, stopping at the gates. I rang the doorbell hoping that someone could opened the door. One servant girl caught sight of me. "I'm one of Laxus's friend, Erza Scarlet." I said as she nodded opening the gate for me to enter.

Gray's POV

We all got called by Porlyusica and entered the guest room. Jellal was covered with bandages, still there were some bruises left on certain places. "How is he Porlyusica?" asked Laxus. She kept her things in her bag, "Despite his heavy injury, I cannot tell when he could recover or wake up. The marks on his body are quite intense, plus his stabbed wound over here is infected the worse. I did what I can to clean the wound using alcohol, however I cannot assume that it would affect his healing ability."

"What are you saying?" I said. "Normally a werewolf could heal their wounds easily and fast. For this case, his healing abilities were affected and thus it slows down the process. He needs to stay in bed for a very long time, if he moves, the wound might tear up again and it will be worse." she said as she took her leave at the door. "I'll be coming back tomorrow to check on him. Here's an elixir for him. If he's awake, give it to him." she handed the elixir to Laxus. "Oh and one more thing, just give him liquid food for his digestion." Before she could turn the knob, Erza came bursting in the door. She was panting and sweating heavily. Her face were all puffed up red and her breaths were heavy. "I came as fast as I can the moment you called Mira." she said. "Erza..." we called out and she looked at us, sighing relief, "You guys are alright. What happened to all of you and how you managed to get out of the headquarters?"

"We'll explain." said Laxus, giving a chair for her to sit at Jellal's side of the bed. She gasped seeing the bandages on his body and his forehead.

TIMESKIP

Jellal's POV

"STOP IT!!!! YYAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!"

I can't take it anymore...I can't stand the pain...why aren't you coming...mother...

"Wake up brats, snack time. I want this to be done quick!" I watched those men forced something into a boy's mouth. He vomited due to the force. "Don't you dare spit it out!" One of them grabbed me by the shirt pulling me towards the bar cells of the cage. "We can't have you dying little kid. Eat something."

"This one is dead, geez this nobles, they played too hard with these kids. I wonder how long would this take till they all are dead."

I so scared and lonely...my mom died...everyone in my hometown died...I'm the only one last werewolf here...they can't know about my identity.

"Don't worry there, have a little faith, we might get out of here someday. I just can feel it." a voice said, I looked up seeing a girl's face smiling. "You...think so..."

"You bet ya!" But then, she died too after getting physically tortured by the nobles. She was also emotionally derived from all those experiments on her. "No...don't take her away!!!!!"

"Come here boy!"

"Jellal!"

"Let me go!!!!" Few hands grabbed me from behind, dragging me to the main court, placing me on the table. "Now be a good boy and stay still!!!!!" I was struggling with their grips. "Don't do anything!!!! Let go of me!!!!! STOP!!!!"

Erza's POV

Jellal was screaming all the sudden, wide awake with one of his arm stretching in the air. Everyone got panicked in the room with his screams. I felt relieved, wiping one of my tears, "Jellal, you're awake."

"Thank the heavens!!!! He's finally awake!!!!" said Natsu jumping in joy hugging Gray while Gajeel smiled, "You scared out of me there." Laxus came in quickly and saw Jellal was wide awake. "Jellal...ah..ah.." He spoke while breathing heavily. I came closer, "What's wrong..." He slapped my hand away all of the sudden, screaming. He backed away clinging onto Natsu. "Jellal doesn't want to feel pain anymore..." Everyone gasped seeing another side of Jellal. "Where is this place...why is it so dark...where am I?"

I wanted to get closer but Laxus stopped me, "I think its best if we don't go nearer. We'll just leave him alone for a while to rest." said Laxus as he left to call Porlyusica over the situation. Soon after everyone else left the room leaving me, the last one to leave. 

I watched him shivering on the bed and panicking at the same time. I closed the door behind me, sitting against the wall on the floor.  "Jellal..." I muttered softly, what happened to you...