Chapter 25 - His Girl

But I don't wanna stop, yeah, I just need to see

If your love's the truth or the spirit of deceit

No, I don't wanna talk, baby, give it all to me

There's honey drippin' from your teeth

Wrap me in your skin and bones, yeah, you're electrical

Oh, I'm gonna lose control, yeah, as you pull me close

— Skin and Bones by David Kusner

Skylar sipped on her latte at the coffee house

Things at the Waldorf house have been nuclear. Lara kept to her room sulking while Daniel spent most of his time at the office avoiding everyone. Things with Evelyn were awkward but at least they were more civil towards each other even conversing from time to time.

Evelyn announced she was going shopping, Skylar declined but she did accept the ride to the coffee house.

Skylar allowed her thoughts to run their course with little attention to the coming and going of people around her. The chair to her right pulled out with a loud scrape. She jerked her head up and stared right into Logan's emerald eyes.

He smiled. "Hey there, beautiful." He sat down and motioned for the waitress.

Skylar returned his smile. "Hey."

He leaned back in his chair radiating confidence. "This time I'm taking your number, so I can reach you whenever I want to see that smile of yours."

Skylar raised an eyebrow at him "Wishful thinking, my smiles don't come cheap."

He leaned forward on his elbows. "My wishes always come true, you waiting here proves that."

Skylar scowled. "Hardly, in fact, I'm wondering why you came here looking for me."

Logan chuckled. "How've you been?"

"Keeping out of trouble."

"That's no fun." He winked.

"How long have you known Jason?"

Logan's smile dropped. "Too long for my liking."

Skylar gave him a small smile. "You're not a fan of Jason, are you?"

"Do you really want to talk about him right now?"

"Yes, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up." She shrugged.

"I can think of a million better topics." Logan drummed his finger on the table. "Knight's an arrogant fuckboy, don't waste your time with him."

Skylar furrowed her brow. "And you're not?"