Chapter 8 - Our Secret | Skylar

Wanna know my secret?

Bang!

— Siren Song by Maruv

If Jason Knight was as important as he seemed, he might be useful

If Jason Knight was as important as he seemed, he might be useful. A man this powerful must know something.

Skylar could feel his muscles harden under her touch.

Jason glanced up. "Skylar, you look much more appealing than this morning." He grinned looking her up and down.

Arrogant. She frowned. "You expect me to wake up like this?"

"I suppose that's expecting a bit too much."

Skylar mentally rolled her eyes. Game on, asshole. She seductively flipped her hair over her shoulder and slid into the booth right next to him. She allowed her thigh to press against his. "You mind if I join you?"

"I guess not, since you already sat down." Jason shrugged and moved his whisky away from her.

"Great, you know what they say." Skylar smiled.

"No, what do they say?" The dark-haired man across from her leaned forward.

Skylar smiled. "That three is fun, but four is a riot."

"Yeah?" He grinned. "What do they say about two?"

Jason huffed and shifted in his seat. "Aaron, mind getting what we came for?"

Aaron gave him a sly look.

Jason scowled. "Now."

Aaron's smile grew. "Let's go, Sam,"—Aaron glanced toward Jason— "Someone is more interested than he thinks."

Jason sighed loudly.

"Am I missing something?" Skylar watched the two men disappear into the crowd.

"No."

"You didn't have to send them away."

"I want your full attention." Jason gave her his panty-dropping grin.

His response sent a shiver down her spine. They were extremely close; she could feel the heat radiating from his body. Now, with the other two gone, it didn't feel like an act anymore, it felt...real.

"Clearly, you already know this, but you look beautiful tonight." The corners of his mouth subtly hinted at a smile. "Just like this morning." He stared directly into her eyes.

Skylar felt the heat spread across her cheeks. Am I Blushing? She swallowed and rearranged her face with a smile. "Thanks, what are you doing in a place like this?"

Jason sat back.

She didn't even realize how much he had leaned toward her.

"Changing the subject. Noted." He rested his back against the side of the booth to face her completely.