Chapter 9 - Succubus | Skylar

Hunt you like a savage, 

That turns all to ashes, 

The things that I imagine,

Like taking my hands off the wheel

And I drive myself crazy

These dark thoughts

— Dark Thoughts by Skylar Gray

Skylar wobbled on her high heels across the uneven parking lot

Skylar wobbled on her high heels across the uneven parking lot. She yanked the car door open and slammed it shut with a sigh. Asshole. She rested her forehead on her hands gripping the steering wheel. What a fuckboy. I shouldn't have come here again. Reckless.

A knock on the driver's window startled her.

"Hey?"

Skylar recognized the intruder as the bartender, Mikey. She rolled down the window with a scowl. "Why the hell would you sneak up on me?"

"I brought out the trash and you stormed right past me." He shrugged. "Everything alright?" Mikey stepped closer to lean on the car.

Skylar instinctively leaned away from the window. "Everything's fine."

"I'm actually glad to run into you, or that you almost run into me—"

"Do you have a point?" Skylar glared at him.

"Yes," —he looked taken aback— "I have some info...on where you can find some gang members."

"I'm all ears."

He glanced up and down the parking lot quickly before he spoke lowly, "There's this place called Succubus, it's a rather sketchy place but...it attracts the type of men you are looking for."

The name vaguely rang a bell. "Succubus... the strip club?"

"Yes, you know the place?" Mikey raised both brows.

"Heard mention of it, have you been there before?"

A deep blush colored his face and Skylar took that as a yes.

"Come on, get in." She started the Audi.

He stared at her slack-jawed. "What?"

"Get in. I'll treat you to drinks at Succubus."

Mikey shook his head and held up his hands. "No offense, but I ain't going nowhere with a Flower."

"You will if you want to see the sunrise tomorrow."

Mikey dropped his hands. "Fucking flowers, every damn time," he mumbled, but he made his way to the passenger side.

Skylar searched for succubus on her dash navigation. "So, which of the Flowers were you so unfortunate enough to meet?" Skylar asked, pulling out of the parking lot.