Broadcast (WSC pt. 1)

Start from the beginning

JONAHEN: "Ms. Smackle also has the main event tonight as the program that was released today stated that her presentation will be tonight at 7:00 p.m. while the Minkuses had been bumped up to the 5:00 p.m. showing."

EMELIE: "I was and wasn't surprised about that news. I mean, yes, this is Isadora's first event in years but the Minkuses have been the main presenters for three consecutive years!"

JONAHEN: "The decision was from the heads of the Convention, but this is definitely a drastic change for the Minkus duo who know how to entertain and give to the crowd. Farkle Minkus is usually presented professionally, constantly having to keep track of his wife's shenanigans on the stage since she is so outgoing. Everyone loves it, definitely the kids that attend these shows. We'll have to see at their performance if this opening act sort of thing really changes things for them."

DARIAN: "If so, enjoy your dinners and come in through the doors at six because Isadora Smackle is the one to truly see tonight."

EMELIE: "Oh, be quiet, you! No matter, we will be covering every aspect of the 26th Annual Wegner Convention so stick with us here at NYSC for your full coverage. We'll be right back after this..."

COMMERCIAL BREAK•

"I didn't know we were choosing sides! Dang, this is going to be a tough decision," Nova said as she bit down on her green apple, shaking her head at the television screen.

"It's still a hard decision? Your mother or Smackle? Even after just a few days ago with meeting her?" Maya asked confused on the teenager's mindset.

"Listen," Nova said lowly to the blonde who's eyebrow raised at her sudden serious tone. "I had spent my entire lifetime chasing after this woman. I'm not going to think her any different than being one of the greatest scientists of this century just because she doesn't think of me highly...although I deserve to be treated as a queen."

"Let me guess, you've learned that from your mother?" Maya smirked.

"It's also common sense," Nova winked as her head turned as she heard footsteps emerging from the hallway. Mr. Farkle Minkus appeared, fixing his tie and mumbling to himself when he entered the room. His eyes caught of the television just as the commercials passed and the newscasters came back on screen. He immediately recognized what it was.

"Nova, either change the channel or turn it off. You know that your mom doesn't want to see any of that today. God knows for the whole week depending on how today goes," he grumbled as he checked his suit pockets to check what he was missing.

"But you're all over NYSC! The entire science community is going berserk over today. Tickets for the convention are going on sell for triple the prices right now!" Nova said, looking up at her father from her place on the couch.

"And how do you know that?" The father asked curiously, eyebrow raised.

"I checked!" She said smoothly, not wanting to confess that she and Alaina might have sold a couple tickets and split profits 50/50 between the two. They were rich young women.

"Sure, Nova," he sighed. He put on his cufflinks that was gifted to him by the head of the Wegner Science Convention a few years before. His eyes moved over to watch a little bit of what was on before looking over to the hallway where the bedroom was. "Your mom is already on edge..."

"They're talking about you again," Nova sang as she waved the remote in the air.

Mr. Minkus looked over to the hallway before saying, "Bring up the volume."

Nova giggled a menacing giggle before raising the volume up a little more and they all crowded around.

They barely got to watch about ten minutes of it before Riley Minkus's blabbering was audible, freaking out all the teens and the husband.