Chapter 1 - Kip

"Paint come on!!!"  I shout running with my brother through the thick trees of the forbidden forest.  "Wait up Encre!!!"  He shouts.  I slow down and grab his hand tightly.  We are both running fast, the fastest we can.  Our breathing heavy.  "Hurry!!! They are coming!!!"  I shout.  I see Vampire hunters in front of us.  "Help!!! Help!!!"  We both shout.  Suddenly I'm pushed down and I roll.  I'm helped up and I go to look at my brother.  I'm forced to look away seeing only red.  There's shouting and running.  I get out of the man's grip and run over to my brother.  Tears start to fall from my eyes as I fall to my knees beside my younger brother.  "PAINT!!!!"   I cry picking him up.   His eyes are still open slightly.  He has a small smile on his face.   I pull him close to me.  "PAINT!!!!~"  I scream angry at the vampires for taking my brother away from me. 

Multiple years later...

I sigh looking away from my bedroom window.  Even though the stars shine brightly, through out the night sky.   It is silent, no night life or people talking outside or in the distance.  Even the giant castle in the distance made no difference to my mood.  Suddenly there is a knock at the door, which is surprising due to the season.  "Please, wait."  I shout as I wonder why someone would be here this late at night, during vampire season.  I stand and make myself look proper going towards the door.   I open the door to see two of the Royal guards there.  "May we come in?"  They ask.  "Of course."  I say opening the door wider for them to enter.   They come in and there is a rush of wind as I close my door quickly.  I'm suddenly pinned to my door.  I open my eyes to see the two guards, they have fangs showing proudly, meaning they're vampires.  I am scared but I keep as calm as possible.  I see the silver stake I keep near my door, for emergencies just like these. I grab it and pierce it through their disgusting soul.  They turn to dust as I fall to the ground.   The other comes towards me.  I open my door and take off running.  "HELP!!!" I shout tripping over myself, but managing to keep running.  I go to the nearest house and bang on the door.  There is no answer.  "PLEASE HELP ME!!!"  I scream.  I see the guard running towards me.  I take off running.  I take off into the forbidden forest hoping to loose them.  "Where do you think, you're going?"  I hear.  I am pulled back and I scream "HELP!!! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!!"   "Hey calm down."  I hear.  I'm shaking really bad due to being chased and attacked by vampires.  I see the famous vampire hunter Eterna. I grab onto them, terrified.  "Good... Now I can be full."  I hear.  Eterna turns with me holding them.  I see the guard his fangs extended.  Eterna then sets me down and attacks them.  "Run!!!"  She yells.  I take off deeper into the forest.  I trip over something, hitting my head hard and black out.  

I open my eyes slowly, I hear startled squeaking.   I try to get up, and I hurt a lot.  I see a net beside me, there's a bat in it.  I cut it loose for some reason.  It then turns into a vampire.  I regret doing it the second I see it turn into a vampire.  My eyes widen in terror as I look at the thing, before shutting my eyes.  I try to move away because I'm scared.  "Are you alright?"  The vampire asks looking at me worriedly.  I look up at them to see it's only a child.  I'm too scared to speak.  I've been terrified of vampires since my brother was killed, years ago.   I suddenly feel light headed as I am having a panic attack and pass out again.  

Time skip, ahead a few days...

Unknown P.O.V...

"He is still not awake yet... He must have a serious health condition since no one has come to search for him."  I say looking down at the mortal.  "Can I take some blood from him?" My husband asks.  "No!!! We want him to gain our trust, so no biting him, no blood sucking of any kind.  From what Kip said he must have been terrified, since he even passed out from seeing him."  I say looking towards my husband who looked thirsty.  "It is still dark out go to the nearest village and get a drink."  I say.  I then hear movement.  Kip is sitting beside the mortal, he has a habit of sneaking in to be with them.  He's gently holding their hand at the moment.  "Kip... Why do you always hold their hand?"  My husband asks.  "He is so warm, and... He does not look as scared when I do."  Kip says watching the mortal.

Encre's P.O.V...

I open my eyes dazed slightly.  I'm really warm and someone is stroking my head gently. I blink a few times trying to see clearly.  "Oh! You're awake dearie!"  I hear.   I look up to see a woman, she has fangs.  I flinch waiting to be bitten.  "Oh dearie, do not fret. I will not bite you."  I hear feeling a hand on my cheek.  I open my eyes to see her with a worried look on her face.  "Plus skeletons have no blood."  She says smiling.  I feel my heart beat increase.  'She does not know... Thank heavens.'  I think still on edge.  "I want to thank you, for saving my child. He is of great importance to me."  She says.  I just nod, before sitting up.  "Please take it easy, you've been out for quite a few days."  She says.  I'm filled with panic.  'They probably bit me while I was asleep, I'm going to die... I'm going to die...'  I think starting to tear up.   The vampire woman is looking at me concerned.   "Sir!  It's okay, no one did anything to you.  I know you are scared."  I hear a kid's voice say.  "Kip?"  The woman's voice says.  The kid runs and flies till in front of me.  He in front of me.  "I made sure no one touched you! At least while I was awake..."  The kid says.   The kid hugs me tightly.   

Time skip...

Kip is dragging me around everywhere.  He's showing me places and having me meet his friends.  Suddenly Kip grabs me and pulls me out of the road.  A carriage goes by.  "Lord Fallacy is here!!!"  Kip says excitedly.  I feel pure fear go through me.  "Sir?" Kip says.  "I-I am alright."  I stutter slightly.  

Kip drags me a long behind him.  He suddenly into turns to a bat.  I run to catch up to him.  I loose sight of him and stop to breathe heavily.  I lost sight of him completely.   "Is that a mortal?"  I hear suddenly.  I whip around to see a tall black skeleton vampire with red, blue and yellow eyes, blue extending around it in a pattern. His fangs quite large compared to others.  His attire very fancy, compared to others as well, with a cape that is blowing in the wind showing it is shredded like the flames of hell vampires come from.  

Kip then lands on me startling me

Kip then lands on me startling me.  He then gets off of me turning into his normal vampire form.   "Sorry, I forgot you cannot fly. Come on, I want to show you something."  Kip says forcing me to run with him.  I feel like I'm running around with Paint again. We stop in front of the forest.   I see the huge castle of where I live by.  "Look at how big the castle is!!!"  He says.  "Kip... You should not be here... There is vampire hunters out around this time."  I say starting to look around.  I pull Kip close to me before picking him up.  He turns into a bat looking surprised as I try to hid him in my vest.  I hear shooting and take off running since I am not a vampire.  I see a bullet hit the tree in front of me and I get behind a tree.  "Kip... Don't move or try to say anything."  I say breathing hard. "Vampire!!! Do not try to fly away now."  I hear before feeling a gun pointed to my head.  "Wait... Sir Encre... Guards have been looking everywhere for you."  Eterna says removing the gun from my head.  She helps me up.  "We could not find you... Where were you?"  She asks.  "I was deep within the forest, I do not remember how far... I have been walking all morning, since my rest I had taken last night."  I say hiding the locating of the vampire village.  "What is that smell?"  She asks sniffing me.  "Oh... You are bleeding, sir."  She says in horror.  "I'm fine really."  I say waving my hands in front of me.  She helps me up anyways and takes me to her home. 

She is wrapping my bone in bandages as Kip is shaking slightly in my vest.  I cross my arms and place a gentle hand over him to calm him down.   "Sir Encre, are you alright?   You were not bitten at any point?"  Eterna asks me.  "Not that I know of."  I answer honestly.  "I am sure the King and Queen would love to have their artist back."  She says.  I nod.   "Uh... Thank you, Eterna."  I say respectfully. "It was no problem, it was my fault for shooting you in the leg."  She says.  I nod slowly standing up before we start to chat over tea, while I try to keep Kip calm and safe.