0.34

Chapter 34: Into the Hands of Death

Amaya took another large sip of her vodka, the fifty percent alcohol rate in it enough to make her heart beat faster and make her body loose enough to have a conversation with the Cullen's. "They'll be here in four days," Alice informed, her voice soft as she told the others what she saw in her vision.

"This could turn into a bloodbath."

"Who's behind it?" Edward asked, his hair disheveled and the shirt of his suit unbuttoned one.

Alice shook her head at him. "I didn't see anyone I recognized." She opened her mind up to her brother anyway, the mindreader being able to see the images she saw with ease. "Maybe one."

"I know his face, he's local. Riley Biers, he couldn't have started this."

"Well, whoever did is staying out of the action."

Carlisle shook his head, his orange-blonde hair slicked back neatly. "Or they're playing with the blindspots in your vision."

"Either way," Jasper spoke up, his voice holding the southern twang that he'd been born with. "—the army is coming and there isn't enough of us to protect the town."

Jacob rolled his eyes, thoroughly confused with the conversation they were having. "What damn army?"

"Newborns," Amaya blurted without realizing. "They're freshly turned vampires, someone's making them and they're almost impossible to defeat."

Newfound interest was taken in the words spoken and Embry questioned it first. "What are they after?"

"They were passing around Bella's scent," Alice confessed, the image of the vampires passing around a red shirt that belonged to the human sticking clear in her brain. "A blouse."

"They're after Bella?" Amaya's eyes rolled at Jacobs sudden change of tone and the other wolves subconsciously peeked at the blonde to see her reaction. Having been the imprint, the showing of affection towards another would tear her apart and Jacob knew that, he just didn't care. "What the hell does this mean?"

"Means she's in danger obviously," Amaya answered back, her filter taken away with each drink she welcomed into her body. "And if they plan on coming to us, then the whole town is in danger too because while Bella will be their target, their main focus is blood and they'll die to get it."

Looks were exchanged between the wolves, all of them nodding, agreeing in silence that this was a fight that they wouldn't sit out of, not just for Bella but to protect their people like they were born to do. "Alright," Jacob finalized. "We're in."