0.11

Chapter 11: Left Behind

Amaya walked up the wooden steps of the Swan residence, her hand knocking against the door until someone came downstairs to open it. "Is Bella here?"

Charlie had a vacant look in his eye and the smell of beer on his breath was so prominent it made the blonde cringe. "She left last night, something happened with that Cullen and she drove off to Jacksonville."

"You must be mistaken. Edward would've told me if something happened. Bella would've too."

He shrugged, his hand lifting up to go over his stubble ridden face. "She said she'd call to tell me if she was alright. I haven't gotten a call yet."

"Can I come in?"

He moved to the side, allowing her to walk in and take seat at the dining room table. She pulled out her phone, typing out a number and raising the phone to her ear. It rang, the monotonous voice of the girl telling her that the call couldn't be reached.

Amaya pulled the phone back typing in another number which also rang too long so she hung up. Her fingers typed harshly on the screen of her phone, not stopping until someone answered. "Emmett, where the hell are you?"

Charlie watched the blondes face contort from confusion to worry to anger. "And you didn't think to call me and include me on what was happening? You didn't even leave a note, I came to Bella's house and looked stupid when I found out she'd left last night."

"Do you know where she is?" Charlie whispered.

Amaya took a piece of paper and a pen scribbling down a address before hanging up and starting to walk out the door. "Bella's in the hospital."

"What?"

Charlie seemed to sober up, picking up his car keys and wallet following the blonde out of the house. "She left last night and Edward followed her trying to convince her to come home. She went to a motel and fell down some stairs and broke her leg then she even went through a window."

The lie came easily and the Cheif made a quick phone call to the station saying he wouldn't be working. "I'll follow you."

"No you won't," She denied, leaning over to open the passenger seat. "You've had more alcohol than the legal limit and you could get in an accident."

Charlie seemed embarrassed to be scolded by a teenager but listened to her anyway. She pulled a water bottle from her backseat and handed it to him.

Her engine revved and she put the hospital into her GPS, following the instructions until they made it to the hospital. "Bella Swan," Charlie spoke the moment he got to the reception desk, receiving a room number.

He ran to it, Amaya following behind him until they walked in to see the brunette laying in bed wearing a hospital gown and an oxygen wire in her nose. Her leg was wrapped in a cast and she had a bandage on her wrist.

Amaya watched Charlie assess her wounds, tears falling from his eyes at the fragile body, she was sleeping because of all the pain medication they'd given her. A doctor came in and said she'd lost so much blood she needed a transfusion and it'd take a couple hours for her to wake up.

A hand gripped Edwards arm who was sitting in a chair appearing to be sleeping but they both knew he didn't sleep. She dragged him out of the room, a ferocious look on her face. "What the hell happened Edward and don't feed me that bullshit Emmett did."

"I took Bella to the baseball game and another group of vampires came after hearing all the noise. Their leader, James he's a tracker and he smelled her blood. He was going to kill her and we defended her." Edwards voice was low and he made sure passerby nurses couldn't hear them. "We had to take her out of Forks to make her safe and so he wouldn't hurt Charlie either. We almost got Bella to safety and on a plane somewhere far away but he lured her away and he bit her." Amaya's hands covered her mouth, her body leaning against the wall. "Emmett and the others killed him and burned the pieces but Carlisle made me suck out the venom." If he could cry he would've, the reminder of what her blood tasted like making his fingers twitch. "I almost killed her Maya."

He leaned into her for comfort, his forehead resting on her shoulder as she rubbed his back trying to comprehend everything she'd been excluded in. "Why didn't you guys call me? I could helped."

"What could you've done?"

"Something!" A few eyes turned their way but she ignored them, tears of her own welling up in her eyes. "You didn't even tell me if you were okay, I was clueless as to what was happening."

Edward held her closer, the two of them supporting one another. "I'm sorry. I was just so scared of loosing her and I didn't want you to be involved in that either."

"Where is everyone else?"

"The others went back home, Charlie would've been suspicious as to why the whole family came to take Bella back home." He didnt have to read her mind to know what her next question was. "Everyone's okay. Emmett's on a buzz because he finally got to fight something."

Amaya laughed lightly easing the air.

A brown haired woman with the same eyes as Bella ran down the hall, her eyes skimming the room numbers. "Mrs.Swan."

"Reneè Dwyer," She corrected rushing towards them. "Is my baby okay?"

Amaya pointed to the room beside them. "She's in there with Charlie."

She rushed in the room and her sobs could be heard. "She could've died."

"You saved her."

Edward shook his head, pulling away from her completely. "I was the reason her life was in danger."

Amaya knew the look on his face. "You're not leaving her, Ed."

"But—"

She raised a hand silencing him. "She just got you, you make her happy and feel safe. She trusts you and if you leave it'll kill her more than anything else."

"I just want her to be safe."

"Then stay."