0.19

Chapter 19: Diving For Your Love

Paul Lahote was a work of art, in Amaya Hill's eyes he was the most beautiful human being she'd ever seen in her life. She watched him silently beside her, his eyes closed as he slept peacefully.

With smooth russet skin that covered hard muscles, he was beautiful. His dark brown hair that was so soft, Amaya found it hard to stop carding her fingers through it. His face was calm, the small dent in his forehead smoothed out in his slumber.

Amaya lifted a hand, her fingers ghosting over his features, across his forehead, trailing down the bridge of his long, pointed nose, dipping into his cupid's bow until they whispered over his lips that were slightly chapped.

Going further, she glided her finger past his chin and to the curve of his throat, the raise of his adam's apple and the smooth slide down his chest. Her fingers kissed his collarbones then moved back to trail down the well defined lines in his abdomen, stopping momentarily when he moved in his sleep.

Amaya watched his face for signs of him waking up and when the coast was clear her hovering hand came back down to touch his skin. The pointer finger traces each line of his abs until it circled gently around his belly button. "That tickles."

"I didn't mean to wake you."

Paul held her hand in place, stopping her from retracting it. "It's okay, I've been asleep for a while."

Glancing over at the clock, she nods with a small grin. "Almost ten hours."

"It's Jared's day at patrol, so you've got me for as long as you want," His warm arms wrapped around her, pulling her in closer until her head was rested on his chest, blue eyes closed to listen to the steady beat of his heart.

Amaya rested her chin on her arm looking up at him. "I'll never let you leave then." She went quiet for a moment, brows furrowing slightly. "He close to finding the vampire?" She wondered aloud, knowing that Sam wouldn't lessen the patrol until he was sure his people were safe.

"We're getting there. It's weird, she keeps coming back and I know she wouldn't keep coming just because she loves the chase, it has to be an actual reason she keeps putting herself in danger."

There was a brief silence before Amaya suddenly lifted up, a smile on her face while her hair flopped around her, it messily hanging out in random spots. "Enough vampire talk, today we have some fun. It's you and me and all the time in the world."

"Anything you want."

"Take me cliff diving."

Paul suddenly frowned, getting out of bed and slipping on some sweatpants that hung low on his hips. "No, not a chance in hell."

"Paul," She begged, following behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist, her head poking out from under his arm to look up at him. "Come on it's a great idea. Me, you, the water, minimal clothing, all alone."

He seemed a bit perkier but he wasn't fully convinced. "I don't want you to get hurt, babe. You don't heal like I do."

"Then, I'll jump with you. So, if I'm about to die I know you can save me."

"Fine."

Amaya jumped up and down, running in front of Paul and jumping into his arms, hers wrapping around his neck while she peppered kisses all over his face. "I love you."

Time seemed to freeze and both of them stopped to stare at one another, her eyes wide as she realized what it was that she said to him. "You love me?"

"That depends on your answer," She replies, a small blush forming on her cheeks.

"I love you too."

"Then yes, I do love you."

Paul held her close, their lips connecting softly as they shared their feeling with one another.

After breakfast, the couple took the short walk from Paul's house to La Push Beach, climbing up the side of the hill to reach the highest part of the cliff. "The guys and I usually jump from here," He confessed, taking off his shirt and setting it to the side. "We can go lower if you don't feel comfortable."

Exhilarated at the thought of jumping, Amaya took of her clothes until she remained in a small bikini. "Paul, if you don't jump with me, I'll go by myself."

Hands connected with one another, the two jumped in tandem, neither screaming but allowing themselves to feel the wind in their hair and the cold water that engulfed their bodies when they plunged into it. "I honestly expected you to back out."

"Don't you know me at all, Paul," Amaya pushed her wet hair from her face, the small amount of mascara she did wear coming off with the simple rub of her eyes. "I'm the fun one in this relationship."

"I can spontaneously turn into a ten foot large werewolf with the strength of a bulldozer and you're the one who excites this partnership?"

With a simple nod of her head, Amaya looked at him seriously. "Sounds about right."

The swim back felt shorter than she expected, the two stopping occasionally to splash water at one another. Amaya was going to suggest they go again until she saw her phone buzzing by her shirt. "Hello?"

"Maya, where are you?" Bella called through the phone, distress clear in her voice. "We're supposed to be going to the movies tonight with some friends from school, even Jake's going."

Paul's head lifted at the sound of the sixteen year olds name. "I completely forgot," Her fingers ran through her hair, moving tracks of water away from her ear to prevent damage to her phone. "I'm at Paul's right now, but I'll leave in a moment so we can get ready."

"You can't go," Lahote declared the moment the call ended, his body already dry as his hot skin ran at a hotter temperature than a normal person. "Jacob's a ticking time bomb, if you're there and he turns you can get hurt."

"I won't get hurt."

"Emily said the same thing," Paul continues, taking his towel and wrapping it around Amaya, using both ends of it to pull her in closer so their bodies touched, her skin warming with their touch. "She was so sure Sam would never hurt her but he got mad and she was too close and now she's marked forever." His thumbs rubbed against her pale cheeks, their faces so close that noses rubbed together. "I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt."

Amaya leaned into his touch, her eyes closing as she reveled in the feeling of his hands on her skin. "I'll be fine, Paul. Nothing will happen and if I feel even the slightest bit unsafe, I promise you will be the first person I call."

He leaned down to kiss her lips, sighing as he compromised with the girl who'd stolen his heart, wrapping him around her finger without even knowing it. "That's all I ask."