0.17

Chapter 17: Into the Arms of Danger

Amaya watched blankly as Bella struggled to put the scrap exterior of the bikes in the back of her faded red truck. A large tarp was thrown over them when she finally got the help she needed from the man who sold them to her. "What is it you plan to do with these?"

"Bring to to Jake, ask him to help me fix them up."

"Have you ever ridden a motorcycle?"

Bella thought back the man who she'd ridden with, his bike that had awakened the image of Edward she hadn't seen in months. "Not by myself."

Amaya nodded, biting her lips and running her fingers through her hair. "So, you just spent over half of your savings on two bikes that you don't even know how to ride."

"I know, it sounds crazy."

"It doesn't sound crazy, it is crazy." Amaya peeked under the tarp and saw the junk metal. "You could've at least got one with less rust on them."

Bella smiled at her friend, knowing full well that she'd help Bella with her metal death traps. Not a word was put negatively towards her idea but Amaya knew deep down that she should've put a stop to it.

The clunky old truck pulled down the dirt path that led to the faded wooden house that belonged to Billy Black. "Bella," Jacob called out, a grease towel in his hand when he came from his garage a large smile spread across his face, long inky hair trailing down his shoulders. "Where the hell have you been, loca."

"I brought you something," After their brief hug, she opened the trunk and pulled the tarp off. "It's a little crazy."

"Wow," Jacob spoke dryly, his chocolate brown eyes taking in the battered bikes. "Scrap metal, you should've have."

Amaya walked in from behind Bella, arms crossed over her chest as she looked around the large land they had, they didn't have any neighbors and Amaya knew why but it still didn't stop her from looking out into the woods, hoping to see Paul, but she knew he wouldn't be there. He had patrol and Sam was pretty clear about no distractions since the same leech kept getting away.

"I saved them from the junkyard and Amaya hasn't stopped telling me how they aren't the best but I'm confident you could help," Bella quickly retraced what she said, her eyes widening and hands brushing through her messy hair. "Only if you want, I'm not forcing you to do it."

"No, I'll help you but since when are you into motorcycles?"

Amaya butted in, her eyes rolling after picking up on the goo goo eyes the sixteen year old Quileute was sending Bella's way. "Haven't you heard? Bella's an adrenaline junkie now. Danger calls and she's not too far behind it."