0.12

Chapter 12: Happily Ever After

Bella had been home for a few weeks now, long enough for her cast to be taken off and replaced with a bulky boot to ensure the healing process. Amaya helped her down the stairs, the blue prom dress laying gently on her body, the brunette opting for a pair of converse rather than heels to avoid any further injury.

Both girls were dressed for prom, the most important dance of the year giving them a reason to dress up. Edward stood at the end of the steps a smile on his face next to Charlie who looked less than happy with the Cullen. "Don't worry, Chief Swan. I'll keep her safe."

"I've heard that before."

Amaya put a hand on Charlie's shoulder, having grown closer with the man after staying at the Swan residence a lot more often after Bella'a accident.

Edward and Bella left the house and before Amaya could, Charlie slipped a portable can of pepper spray in her hand. "Just incase."

"Thanks, Charlie."

The blonde chased after the pair, her curled hair flying behind her, heels in her hand and dress hiked up so it wouldn't touch the floor. It was beautiful, red and long but the back was completely out not stopping until it reached the top of her butt. "We driving separately?"

Edward nodded, helping Bella walk with the heavy boot. "Yeah."

"Great, so I can take the Volvo and you can take the truck."

He shook his head, a laugh passing his thin lips. "Not a chance in hell, Maya."

"Come on, Ed. I'll treat her right,"

He pulled his keys out, unlocking the doors and putting Bella in the passenger seat. "I know you will, that's the problem. You'll get attached and won't give her back."

"That's okay, she's got a ride." The deep voice made Amaya gasp and Edwards features stiffened significantly.

"Amaya, stand back."

His words were ignored and the blonde rushed forward and jumped into the Quileutes arms. She kissed him softly, pulling back with a smile. "It's fine, Ed. This is Paul."

"Maya—"

"Ed, please. It's prom, let me have fun."

Edward stared hard at Paul, the two of them glaring one another, his hand tightening around her waist until they came to a silent agreement and nodding at the same time. "Call me if anything goes wrong."

Paul rolled his eyes and watched the vampire drive away, his eyes staying on them until he couldn't anymore. "I'll never get over your choice in company."

"I'm sure he's thinking the same thing. I'll get an earful tomorrow."

It was then that Amaya noticed the black suit he was wearing, it hugged his body and she had to help him fix his tie but other than that he looked amazing. "Forget about that blood—vampire for tonight and have fun for as long as possible."

Paul took her to Forks, internally laughing at all the pale faces he saw all around him. He was the only Native there and he didn't mind much because no one else seemed to.

They walked down the red carpet laid out and paused for pictures. "You're themes Vegas?"

"How'd you notice? The carpet or the dresses?"

"Dresses."

Paul pulled her in when the reached the dance floor, his hands rested on her hips as they swayed to the music. There was only a couple slow songs out of the other music but they didn't mind, they just enjoyed each other.

They laughed loudly and shared jokes as they scanned the crowd from their spot on the dance floor, Paul twirling her and giving her a cheeky dip stealing a kiss on her lips when he felt like it.

"Are you winning prom queen this year?"

"I would've if I hadn't paid someone to give it to Rose."

Paul pulled back, eyes furrowed as he looked down at the blonde. "Why would you do that?"

"She misses being human, if it were her choice she would've just died that night. Vampirism wouldn't have been an option for her, and as a good sister I wanted her to have at least one memory that reminded her of her human life."

Paul's eyes gleamed with adoration and he kissed her, his hands cupping her cheeks not stopping until she pulled back from breath. "You're amazing."

"You're not so bad yourself."

"Can I ask you something?" Amaya nodded, nuzzling her face in his neck and taking in his scent. It was woodsy and his cologne was fresh, she liked it. Not to serious but just enough to prove he was older. "Be my girlfriend?"

Maya looked into his eyes, catching the nervous tick of his teeth coming out to bite at his lip. "I was wondering when you'd ask. Took you long enough."

Paul rolled his eyes but a weight was lifted off his shoulders. "That's a yes right?"

"Of course it's a yes."

He grabbed her hand, guiding her through the crown of dancing bodies not stopping until they were outside. They hadn't realized how late it was until they saw the dark sky filled with a plethora of stars.

A single howl cut through the night and Paul tensed up, his head snapping in the direction where it came from. "That's Sam, he smelled a leech."

"Is it—"

"Not one of yours, it's a different scent."

Amaya walked him to the woods, not stopping until they were out of sight. He handed her his car keys and took off his suit handing them to her where she neatly folded them and draped them over over forearm.

He stayed there before her in his underwear. "I'll see you later?"

"I'll drop your stuff off at your place."

"Will you be there after?"

A cheeky smile appeared on her face and she slowly started walking backwards. "I'll need help getting out of this dress."

Paul growled a little, pulling her in for another kiss, her hands wandering down his chest and over the ridges of his abs and stopping at the waistband of his boxers. "Wait for me."

"Forever."