0.16

Chapter 16: Damage Control

Three months, Amaya allowed Bella Swan to sulk and mourn over the Cullen's and their absence. The leaves had fallen, Christmas had passed, and the new year had begun and Amaya Hill deemed it time for the brunette to get off the compute sending messages to an email address that didn't belong to Alice Cullen.

"Alright," Amaya yelled when she walked into the teens room, moving the rollychair Bella's ass had permanently dented. "I've been a good friend and allowed you to go through your depressive stage and I've suppressed my own feelings about the sudden disappearance of my family but it's time you stop."

Bella's hair had thinned along with her small body, the clothes that once fit hung limply off her pale skin and her dark bags made her look sickly. "Stop what?"

"Sulking." Amaya rummaged through Bella's closet finding a pair of jeans and a descent shirt. "We go to La Push today."

"To see Jake?"

The blonde bobbed her head, her eyes looking up at the ceiling. "To see anything but your walls, Charlie was going to send you back to your mom but I talked him out of it." Bella remained quiet, understanding that her father would've sent her away because of the nightmares she'd been having every night since the disappearance of her—Edward. "You're welcome."

"What'd you say to him to change his mind."

"I said, that either we go to La Push and converse with humans while also being by the beach and getting fresh air or we could go to the movies with Jessica and get our ears talked off by a species of bitch I wasn't even aware was created yet."

Bella let out a small chuckle, her hands filled with the clothes Amaya provided her with. "She's not all bad."

Amaya gave the brunette a blank stare. "What is she good for?"

There was a moment of silence before Bella clacked her tongue and started her way to the bathroom.

"My point exactly."

The blonde waited downstairs for Bella, her eyes skimming over the magazines loitered on the wooden table, none of them really catching her eye.

A makeshift bed was made of the other couch, the pillow disheveled and a few empty beer bottle rested directly below it. Charlie had been sleeping there after the nightmares came, her shrill screams waking him up at ungodly times of the morning.

"Are you ready?"

Amaya stood, brushing her hands against her ripped skinny jeans, her keys hanging loosely off her finger. "Born ready."