Chapter 23 ~Decisive Battle~

"Have you made your mind?"

It was a nice Sunday. The air was warm and the wind gently blown here and there. Laughter filled the air and you could feel the excitement in it. As expected from Smile Land.

You smiled, laughed, looking at Saisei's relationer in front of as he prepared himself for the semifinal that would happen in 10 minutes. "Kind of. It's pretty hard actually."

Mayuzumi Shizuma smiled as reached out his hand, patting your head. "It's okay. Did Kaede help you?" The question came out of his mouth once the two of you found the green haired runner running for a certain white haired runner from Honan.

"Kaede? Ahahaha, of course not! I can't let him think about this. I'll figure this myself."

"I can see that," Shizuma chuckled when he saw Kaede's eyes on Kuga.

The two of you fell into silent, listening to people voices. You sighed, eyes fixed forward, "After this match ends, no matter if we win or lose, I'll tell my answer."

Shizuma threw you his smile again, "I like your eyes." He said, "It full of courage and determination, different with the one when we met for the first time."

You smiled at him, remembering how shy you were when you met him.

"Time flows~ I won't be the same all the time, Mayuzumi-senpai."

Shizuma opened his mouth to speak, but the commentator for the game beat him.

"All runners and relationers, please head up to the stage. Once again, all runners and relationers, please head up to the stage."

"I guess you have to go." You said. Shizuma nodded his head in response. "Are you not going to give a good luck charm?" He asked, laughing when your face turned red.

"I'm kidding." He said and start walking to the stage and reached out his hand again, "Same like what Kaede said, your existence here is already a good luck charm," and for the second time, he ruffled your hair.

You laughed.

"Good luck, everyone."

As you saw Kaede and Bantaro waving their hands from distance.

* * * * *

You watched the match beside Ayumu, both of you silently praying for your own team, Ayumu for his Honan and you for your Saisei.

The camera went to each position, recording their conversation before the match start.

~~

"Hey, Hozumin!. Since we're at Smile Land, let's make this a fun match full of smiles!"

"Ban-chan, you're always upbeat, even before the match."

"That's right! Follow me, fu-fu-fu-fun!"

"Fu-fu-fu-fun? Wait, is this Beethoven's 5th?"

"That's right, let's knock on the doors of destiny to open up the match of the century!"

"Yeah!"

~~

"I see myself as your biggest fan, bur moreover, I want to be your biggest rival. I want to become strong enough to deserve to fight you head-on. That has been my wish for a long time. I feel that I am not prepared to do that. I won't lose."

"Good expression. But I have no intention of losing, either."

~~

"Please go easy on me, Mr. Captain."