Chapter 18 ~No Way, right?~

"Holy shi-"

"Asuma, language."

Asuma clapped his mouth shut, eyes beaming with excitement for what' coming next. Kaede and Bantaro were no different.

The atmosphere suddenly felt really cold, even though it was summer and there's a bonfire near you.

Senoo chose to look away; he believed that it was the best. For him, you, and everyone else. He didn't know what to say.

Reiji still chose to look at you, screaming on his mind.

What should I do? What should I do? What should I do?!?

Should he tell you the truth? Or should he lie to you? Even Shizuma doesn't know the answer for that.

Reiji unconsciously turned his hand into a fist, he bit his lower lips, but he still stood firmly there, making sure that none of them see the sight of him looked frustrated. Senoo was no different. Their minds were calculating what would happen if they answer the question.

Scenario number 1, if they tell the truth, you'll probably look hurt because you've been fooled by them. Plus, Kaede's participation on this would change the way you see him.

Scenario number 2, if they don't tell you the truth, you'll probably look sad, and the both males plus Kaede don't like the sight. Either way, whichever he chooses, you'll end up hurt.

"We-"

"Ahahaha, no way, right?"

It was faked. Everyone knew that, yet none of them acted like it was faked.

"I'm going to charge my phone. The battery is dead." You turned around, and took a small run to Senoo's house. Somehow you just want to be alone right now.

Reiji extended his hand to call for you, but a gentle squeeze on his shoulder and the fact that Shizuma shook his head, remind him not to.

But Kaede was fast to run to you, calling your name and ignore the whisper calls from the others. He knew you wanted to be alone. But as the only person who knew you well in here, he definitely doesn't want to let you be alone.

"[First Name]-chan, wait!"

* * * * *

"I guess right now is the right time to tell me."

You looked up from your pitch black phone screen; a smile decorated on your face when you saw Kaede on your shared room with Sakurai's doorway.

"Really? I guess it is."

"Something really bothers you?" He asked, sitting next to you on the veranda that faced the town, not the beach with everyone and bonfire.

"Remember when I said I met two boys in here? In Kyoto?"

A single nod from him was enough as the answer.

"I had that  thought that both were Senoo-senpai and Reiji-senpai." You laughed, and the sound was pathetic. "Ridiculous, right?"

Kaede frowned. What should he do? Tell the truth to make it easy or lie and tell that it wasn't them? Either way, there might be a chance that you don't believe him.

"It's not," I guess... he'll just give you another clue. "It's not ridiculous, [First Name]-chan." He grabbed your hand with both of his hands, squeezes it gently, eyes full of encouragement. "It might be them. But it might be other person. I don't know. But one thing I know for sure, it's not ridiculous."

You smiled, gently squeezed his hands with your hand, "Thank you."

"Anytime, [First Name]-chan. We'll find those guys you met together!"

Kaede let go of your hand, eyes directed to the sky as you did the same.

"After all, no matter who those boys are, I'm still better!"

You laughed, lightly push him by shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say."

"Hey! It's the truth!"

* * * * *

"Why did you do that?"

When Kaede's figure disappears, Shizuma sighed. He looked at the two young masters from their own family. "Stop putting walls in front of her."

"Walls?" Bantaro tilted his head; averted his gaze to Asuma for explanation but the younger brother just shook his head, the same one happened to the blonde from Honan.

"Just then, both of you are confused, right? You don't know what to do so you act tough."

Reiji and Senoo looked at each other, confused.

"If you keep doing this, she won't remember it, you know. This is my advice to both of you," Shizuma locked eyes with them.

"The two boys [Last Name]-san met were kids. Faces full of smile and laughter that resonate. So she won't remember you if you put walls between her and the 'kid' she met back then."

Shizuma smiled at them, he hoped this advice would help them.

"So please put down those walls. Please let her, see the innocent child she's been looking for within both of you once again."

~{>_<}~

I really love Shizuma's advice about letting you see the innocent child within Reiji and Senoo.

People tend to forget about this simple thing when they grow up. They tried to act tough like nothing happen, like nothing goes wrong when actually they build walls to stop other people see the real them. To prevent other people see the 'kid' inside each of them.

I hope you like this chapter ^^ and I'm sorry to say this again but next week there won't be any update from me since I'm going camping for 3 days and it will take my Saturday and Sunday of the week TT^TT

And for those people who can attend AFA ID, you're lucky! Buy me something /nope

-Mizushima Sena