Chapter 17 ~Ice Cream~

Kaede didn't know how to react. He was happy, glad that you managed to get some flash about 10 years ago. But he didn't like the way you frown because trying to remember it too much. And he didn't like the way you tried to put a fake smile and told Bantaro that you were okay when he offer you his water bottle.

He really didn't like it.

And the worst part was, for him, when you caught his eyes and gave him the same smile you gave to Bantaro.

"I've know you ever since we were born. Don't give me that fake smile!"

Kaede pouted even more when you averted your eyes and talked to Sakurai.

"Oi, oi, you looked scary." Asuma said, "You should stop before [First Name]-chan get scared."

Kaede shook his head, "You're right, Asuma-san," and smiled at the older male.

* * * * *

"Something on your mind?" Kaede asked, sitting beside you on the sand. The teams are getting break right now and some of them are fooling around along the shore. For example, Asuma and Riku who played Tag with Bantaro, Ayumu, and Hozumi. And when Asuma tried to run, he fell flat on his face over nothing. He literally fell over nothing. He fell over air.

"Nothing."

Kaede pouted, "I know you. You don't have to put that in front of me at least."

"I just... don't sure about something. I'll tell you when I'm ready to tell you."

Kaede sighed, but he can't help about it. He was about to open his mouth when suddenly Sakurai came.

"[Last Name]-san, can you accompany me to the supermarket?"

"Supermarket? Didn't I go there with Reiji-senpai and Senoo-senpai?"

"Looks like Asuka-san has another plan for today' dinner. And we don't have the ingredients for that."

You stood up, "Okay. Want something?" You asked Kaede.

Kaede froze for a while, before giving you a small smile. "You know so well what I want under this hot sun right now, [First Name]-chan."

You chuckled at his statement. Kaede definitely wanted ice cream.

"Okay~"

You and Sakurai walked away from the beach after got the direction from Asuka-san since the supermarket was different from last time. Kaede watched as your back slowly fading and felt a light pat on his head.

"See? You don't have to worry about her so much." Asuma said, smiled at your figure. "She's fine."

"Yeah," Kaede nodded, "I should wait like I always do."

* * * * *

"Have you done deciding the ice cream?" Sakurai asked, head popped out from one of the aisles in there.

"I can't decide it."

Sakurai laughed, "I'm done with the ingredients. I'm going to the cashier first."

You nodded your head, and turned your attention back to the pile of ice cream in front of you. You sighed loudly when you couldn't decide. You close your eyes, touching the ice cream with your fingers, and grabbed it without open your eyes. Once the ice cream you pick was enough, you open your eyes and went to Sakurai on the cashier.