"Hey Peyton! Wait up!" I looked over the cars and saw Alec running over. "So are you doing anything tonight?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry I'm going somewhere with Sam."

"Oh, well maybe sometime we could meet up and do something?"

"Yeah maybe." I lightly smiled back at him.

"Are you serious?" Sam rudely glares at me once we're in the car.

"What?"

"Leaving Ryan was one stupid thing, but now you're single and you're going to lead this poor kid on while you're still in love with Luke?"

"I'm not in love with Luke, I'm over his sorry ass."

"Oh save the bullshit, we all know you aren't over each other, just stop pretending and move on."

"It's not as easy as you think." I turn away from her and stare out the window, watching things pass by as I think about Luke. Was she right or was I just listening to what she was saying because I still wanted to love him?

It took Sam forever to get ready, and when she was finally done, we had to wait for her phone to charge. Finally she was ready and we left.

When we got to the house, I saw it wasn't really much of a house at all. The two of us walked into a crowded house that smelled of whiskey and pot. We walked through the large groups of people, shifting left and right to avoid what we could, making our way over to her group of friends in the back. Some of them looked somewhat familiar, but I could care less about who they were.

There was a really hot upper-class men sitting across from me and we kept making eye contact. As more people get in the louder the music gets, and the louder everyone talked. I could barely even hear myself when I answered someone's question, I don't know how they heard me.

"Can I get you a drink?" The senior shouted over the music.

"That sounds good, thanks."

"You should come with me, maybe we could actually talk?" His big smile and pleading eyes distracted me too much and I couldn't say no. He grabbed my hand and lead me to a door in the back, which lead outside.

"There's three coolers, and a table over there. What're you in the mood for?"

"Surprise me." I flashed a fake smile his way, he was cute, but not my type.

"I got you a dirty Shirley type of drink, and a bub if you smoke, if not I'm good with it." He smiled and showed off his collection.

We made our way to the outback seating by the pool bar, with a smaller crowd of people. Three rounds of shots went by like nothing.

"Bub?" A girl smiled and coughed as she held out the lit joint towards me, and I was hesitant to take it. I had never actually taken a straight hit before, it had inhaled it and coughed it back out in many failed attempts, and I didn't want to embarrass myself. As I took it I decided to just pass it on, but everyone looked at me like I was the dumbest person in the world, so I took it.

It was how they described it, how they acted, how vivid everything was. I coughed some as I passed it to the next person, the guy I had first talked to.

"First time?" He laughed as he swiftly took a hit, watching my face as I debated answering.

"Technically."

"Well?"

"It's how everyone says it is, but I don't seem much different. I just feel kinda happy."

"I heard about you and that dickhead, and to be honest I probably shouldn't have let you try this, with you being all depressed and all you could have a bad trip."