Explanations

Author's Note: I own NONE of this. No copyright infringement is intended. I just wanted to borrow the characters and play with them.

Thank you to all of the people who have faved and/or commented on my story! It means more to me than you can imagine!

Chapter Seventy-Five: Explanations

BPOV

I could NOT believe that Royce's attorney was Edward's father. They were nothing alike. Edward was kind, generous, loving, compassionate, brilliant and perfect. His father was cruel, malicious, hateful, cold and mean. The only similarities that I saw were physical. Edward had his father's build and height. I can also see where he got his crazy hair. His father's hair was more tamed, but it was similar. He also had the same facial expressions as Edward. The crooked smirk was creepily the same. However, when Edward did it, it was cute and handsome. When his father did it, it was filled with hatred and sadistic. The looks that he gave Rosalie and Edward were some of the coldest looks I'd ever seen. He had abhorrence in his eyes.

I was so distraught at seeing my strong fiancé crumble under his penetrating gaze. He held it together during opening statements, but as soon as his father left, Edward bolted. Jasper followed him, worried about his friend. Rosalie also ran off, ready to shove her Christian Louboutin heel into Edward's father's ass. I didn't know where to go. Emmett followed Rose and Alice stayed with me while we waited for Jasper and Edward. They exited from men's room and Edward looked like he had been crying. He walked right up to me and enveloped me into a hug. I felt his tears against my sweater and I was heartbroken. I comforted him, giving him all of my love that he needed. He calmed down and he headed out to check on Rosalie. She was outside smoking and as predicted she was ready to kill Royce and Edward Sr.

We watched as Edward Sr. left the building, sneering at Rose and Edward as he left. Edward wrapped his arm around my waist protectively and he returned his sneer. Edward Sr. jumped into a waiting car and it drove off. Alice was determined to make things better for all of us. Edward and Rosalie were not in the mood. However, in her own special way, Alice would not take no for an answer. She suggested ice skating at Millennium Park.

Hell no.

However, she insisted that we go. She stomped to the curb and hailed a cab, pushing us into the taxi. It drove us back to the hotel. Alice said for us to meet in the lobby in fifteen minutes, ready to skate. Edward and Rosalie scowled at the evil little fairy, but relented. I was just praying that I didn't injure myself. We got back in our room and I changed into a pair of jeans, leaving on the sweater that I had on earlier. Edward put on his jeans and he was still frowning.

"Edward, Alice is trying to help," I said as I walked toward him.

"I know. I just am struggling," he sighed.

"Do you want to call Carlisle and Esme?" I suggested.

"I probably should." He reached into his pocket and dialed the home number. He put it on speaker and placed it on his knee, pulling me next to him. He laced his fingers with mine, resting his head on my shoulder. The phone rang a few times and Esme picked up. "Hi, Mom."

"Hello, Edward. How's Chicago?"

"Awful," Edward answered miserably.

"What's wrong? Is everything alright?" Esme asked, panic in her voice.

"You'll never guess whose representing Rose's rapist," Edward sighed.

"No. Oh, no," Esme cried. "Did you see him?"