Volvo 2.0

Author's Note: I own NONE of this. No copyright infringement is intended. I just wanted to borrow the characters and play with them.

Thank you to all of the people who have faved and/or commented on my story! It means more to me than you can imagine!

Chapter Fifty-Nine: Volvo 2.0

EPOV

The rest of the week that Bella was off due to her accident went by quickly. Her headaches had waned significantly. She still had a nagging ache near her left temple, but it was controlled with medication. She also regained most of her concentration and was able to catch up on her reading for her classes. On Friday, after University Singers, I was taking her to Carlisle's office to get her medical clearance to return to classes. Even though he was an oncologist, he was her primary physician throughout this whole thing and he wanted to make sure she was okay. After our appointment, Carlisle and Esme told me that they would take Bella and me to get me my new car. It was going to be an early birthday present, celebrating my twenty-first birthday. I decided that I wanted a Volvo SUV, something bigger and more secure than my old Volvo.

It was time for an upgrade.

When I came back from University Singers on Friday, Bella was typing on her laptop. Her brows were furrowed. "Bella, we need to be on the road in about an hour," I said as I walked into the apartment.

I sat down next to her and looked over her shoulder. She snapped the laptop shut, glaring at me. "Do you know that it's rude to read over someone's shoulder, Edward," she quipped.

"Sorry, beautiful. What are you working on?" I asked as I kissed her shoulder.

"My letter to Jacob," she said as she opened the laptop back up.

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to intrude. I know what you want to say to him is private," I responded.

"I do want you to read it, but not yet. I'm still working on it," she said as she ran her fingers through my hair, massaging my scalp. I leaned into her touch, enjoying the feeling her fingers felt in my hair. I missed her. I wanted to feel her again, but I knew that she wasn't ready. She was conflicted and I could tell that she wanted to move ahead, but she didn't. She couldn't either because of her physical injuries. However, I'd wait for her as long as she wanted.

"I'm going to freshen up," she said, saving her work on the computer. "I've sent out an email to all of my professors, saying that I was tentatively returning to classes on Monday, pending the results of my appointment today. I'm meeting with Larry after University Singers on Monday to discuss my missing tests. Dr. Hafenrichter finally relented and said he'd modify my tests and let me have extended time, as did our sociology professor. Eleazar told me to not worry about the tests that I missed, but to complete an overview of the time periods that he covered during my absence and turn it in on the final day of class. No longer than three pages, he said. He didn't want to tax me."

"Sounds good, beautiful. I'm going to grab some lunch and then we can go after you are done getting ready," I said, kissing her nose.

"I made grilled cheese. There's some on the plate for you," she said as she got up and walked to the bedroom. I inhaled the grilled cheese and chugged the tomato soup that Bella had made. I went into the pantry and popped in a piece of gum. Bella came out and she was wearing a pair of black jeans with a white blouse and green argyle vest. She looked beautiful. She always looked beautiful. Her bruises were fading and now were a sickly yellow color, but were easily covered by her makeup. She was wearing my black jacket and her boots. Her messenger bag was slung over her shoulder. I picked it up and put on my shoulder, giving her a pointed look. She rolled her eyes. I picked up my mom's keys and our apartment keys, heading down to the parking garage. Bella got into the Land Rover and slipped out her laptop. She was still working on her letter.