Confrontations and Pleasant Dreams

Author's Note: I own NONE of this. No copyright infringement is intended. I just wanted to borrow the characters and play with them.

Thank you to all of the people who have faved and/or commented on my story! It means more to me than you can imagine!

Chapter Sixty-Five: Confrontations and Pleasant Dreams

EPOV

Saying goodbye sucks.

I mean, really, really sucks.

I hated being away from Bella. Whenever we're separated, something goes wrong. Alice had a 'feeling' that something was going to happen this weekend and it was going to happen to me. I just hope that a speaker falls on my toe and that's it. Knowing Alice's ominous prediction, that is probably not it.

The damn pixie and her 'feelings.'

I just needed to get through this weekend and be with my Bella. Only sixty hours until I see her again. I can do this. I know I can do this. I'll be occupied. Tonight, we have our gig at Eclipse, sans Bella. Damn it. Then, the guys are spending the weekend at my apartment for male bonding. Whatever that means. Probably watching a lot of sports, an overabundance of flatulence and eating pizza and beer.

Oh, goody. I'd rather go to the symphony with Bella.

I heaved a sigh and went back into the apartment. I took a shower because I didn't shower this morning. I felt a bit nasty. I styled my hair and put on my Breaking Midnight costume of black jeans and my Breaking Midnight t-shirt. After I changed, I went into the freezer and took out a frozen dinner. I stuck it into the microwave and cooked it. I nibbled on my dinner and put the tray into the garbage. I walked to the trash chute, tossing the garbage down it. As I was walking back to the empty apartment, sigh, my phone rang in my pocket.

"Hello?" I greeted, sounding absolutely pitiful.

"What up, douche?" Emmett barked.

"Hello to you, too, Emmett," I snapped. "What's up?"

"The hick and I are heading to the storage locker to get our equipment. Do you want to join us for dinner?" Emmett asked.

"I just ate, but I'll come out with you because it's better than sitting in an empty apartment," I muttered dejectedly.

"Dude, you got to snap out of it. I miss Rosie and Jasper misses Alice, but we're not pissing and moaning about it," Emmett teased.

"I know. It's just every time we're apart, something bad happens," I reasoned.

"Nothing bad is going to happen. Jacob is deader than a doornail," Emmett pressed. "Trust me. Please, Cullen!"

"Fine, Em. Where do you want to go for dinner?" I asked.

"McFinnigans. I need me some grease," Emmett bellowed.

"I'll meet you there. About six?" I ask.

"Works for me. You'll be fine, Edward. Quit being such a pansy ass," Emmett griped.

"Whatever, Emmett. I'll see you at McFinnigans." I ended the call and rolled my eyes. I pinched my nose between my fingers and walked into the apartment. Once in there, I walked to the office. I was working on a song for Bella. I've had this idea rolling around in my head for a while. I finally began to put it to paper after Valentine's Day. I was about halfway through it and I wanted to finish it before our wedding. By finishing it, I wanted to complete writing it and record it at the studio in Brandon.