Fluff

Author's Note: I own NONE of this. No copyright infringement is intended. I just wanted to borrow the characters and play with them.

Thank you to all of the people who have faved and/or commented on my story! It means more to me than you can imagine!

Chapter Seventy-Two: Fluff

EPOV

Bella got better. Thank goodness. I loved her tremendously, but when was sick, man did she get sick. The only other person I saw look as bad as Bella did when she had pneumonia was my mom and that was right before she died. I was panicking when I saw her look so frail and tiny. That's when I decided to call Carlisle. He was understanding and he drove out for the house call. I was grateful his willingness to come out to help out with Bella. He said he'd do the same for any one of his children. Bella was included in that mix.

The weekend after Bella's illness, we drove up to my parents' home to visit them. Bella also wanted to get her shot. Carlisle was hesitant to do so. He made arrangements with a gynecologist friend so she could get an exam. Bella reluctantly agreed. On Saturday, Esme and Bella went to doctor while Carlisle and I lazed around the house. They returned a few hours later, laden with bags. After the doctor's appointment, Esme and Bella went shopping. Or rather, Esme went shopping and Bella watched. I asked Bella how she was the doctor said that she was as healthy as a horse down there. She got a new script for her shot and it was administered that morning. We ended up spending the night at my parents' home and I took Bella to a movie. Like previously, we didn't end up watching it. We just made out in the back row of the theater.

The rest of the weekend and the first part of the week were pretty dull. On Thursday, after sociology, Bella and I decided to go our respective practice rooms to work on our pieces from private lessons. We typically did that to kill time between sociology and Express. I was working on another piece for my beautiful girl when I heard a sharp rap on my door. I frowned and got up, opening the door. Bella was standing there and she was very frazzled. "Bella? What's wrong love?"

"I hate the piano," she said as she tore at her hair. "Ben gave me this insane piece for juries and I can't get it. You need like huge hands or an eleventh finger to play all the notes on the page."

"What are you playing?" I asked, sitting her down on the chair in my room. She held out a piece by Grieg. It was one of my favorites. I had played it when I was in high school. I opened the music and started playing through it. It was a challenge for me and my hands were huge. "Come here, Bella."

She got up and plopped down next to me. "I can't reach these chords. I can't get these rhythms and fuck me if I can't have it memorized."

"You're right these chords are beastly. They're hard for me and look at my hands," I said holding up my left hand. She put her left hand against mine and it was easily half the size. "You'll have to modify the chords so you can reach all of the notes or remove them. Let's work through this and you'll get it."

She pulled out her pencil from her bun and we spent an hour and half working through modifying the piece to fit her hands. We also worked out some difficult rhythms. We managed to get the first page and a half worked out. Bella was calmer, but still upset. "I hate this song."

"I happen to love it. I played it when I was younger. You'll get it, baby. I'm confident you can," I said caressing her cheek. Her eyes fluttered shut and she leaned into my hand. I traced the curve of her cheek and gently raised her chin. I leaned down and brushed my lips against hers. She sighed and her mouth opened slightly. I ran my tongue along her bottom lip before I gently pressed it into her warm mouth. My hands moved down her back and pulled her closer to me on the piano bench. Her fingers moved up my spine and finally settled in my hair, twisting the strands in her hands. "I want you, baby."