Speaking Of Knocked Up

Higgins Belt

Enjoy

*******

"That son of a Bitch" William cried like a newborn "it hurts"

"Man up" I replied.

Oh the irony.

"Move your big ass out of my face Fisher. Its already enough trouble that the lift has broken down and I have to climb the stairs with a bullet hole in my arm. Now I have to look at your big fat ass. Why is it even necessary for me to go to work?" William whined.

"Whoa there Miss Cranky pants" I said "Its not my fault that you got a bullet hole in your arm. And I'm here too. My head is pretty knocked up too. You don't see me complaining"

He just huffed.

He was acting weird today. Very unlike typical William. He had not made any passes at me. He's not being his cocky self. He is just whining and complaining.

"Speaking of knocked up. Will you like to get knocked up?"

Maybe I spoke too soon.

"No thanks. But I think I'll let your generous offer pass" I said rolling my eyes.

"Save the rolling of eyes baby. You are going to roll it a lot later" William hinted.

I was already breathless by climbing this wretched flight of stairs. I didn't have time for this useless bickering right now.

But you are glad he is back to his usual self.

No! I did not just think that.

Its not true.

......

Well okay...ummm maybe just a tad.

Heck!

But he doesn't need to know that.

"Why so silent princess?"

"Well you know...nothing really. Just day dreaming while climbing most probably the stairs of redemption!"

"Ohhh...so you are dreaming of our nights together"

"I'm not one of your one night stands Cruze" I said. Bored.

We have already reached the 10th floor by now and I heaved a sigh of relief. They need to get that damn elevator fixed.

"I know" I heard William mutter and I almost missed it.

Almost.

*******

"So you want us to go and check out his house? Why?" I asked my boss.

Our boss.

"Yes. This is getting out of hand. You have to work quick. The killings are increasing day by day. You go to the house and check it out. See if you can find his wife and child. He said that they were held captive by the killer. So there's a chance that they are still there. Alive or dead. And you have to search for clues too"

"He never leaves clues at any of his crime scenes. So what makes you think he left one there?" William asked a logical question.

For once.

Nah. He may have been a cocky bastard, but he's a pretty good detective.