Smirking Mess

William Cruze

********

"Look" I said nearing Carol's body and crouching down and pointing to her fist. There was a crumpled piece of paper in there. Will's mouth formed an 'O' shape. Picking up the gloved from the forensic team, I picked up the paper from the tight wrist of the dead.

Opening the crumpled piece of paper, we read the tiny note together.

'The pain so deep
Inside your veins it creep'

-S

A few moments of silence passed. Constructive Silence. I could hear the screw in William's head turning. After a long time, he finally spoke up, ''What the fuck is this?''

I rolled eyes at that "It is a note you moron"

He eyed me up and down "Thank you Captain Obvious"

"Clearly it is a note from the killer" I said "but what's up with the pain stuff? And veins? What does it mean by that? Is he trying to day that the victims suffer from pain in the veins? Is he talking about some kind of disease?"

"Whoa! Looks like you solved the case all by yourself Miss Fisher" William said, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"I did not say that I solved the case. I was just scanning the possibilities"

"Well I don't think that I can decipher codes right now. We can send it up to the coding department and if they find any secret message then they will let us know. Leave it to the experts baby" he snatched the paper out of my hands and placed it in an evidence bag.

"Oh Lookie here! What's the time?'' He dramatically stated "Its bang o'clock"

I grunted at that.

Very unlady like you cab say.

Well it was almost 5'o clock. I was dead tired with blood on my gloves with a human sized dick hitting on me.

A 'hot' human dick that is.

Shut up conscience! You have a damn boyfriend.

"Why don't you go and bang your head on the wall and let's see how big a hole can it make. Will it make a bigger hole than the one standing in front of me? An asshole" I said and pulled off my gloves.

"I think I would prefer to bang something else and as much as making a hole is concerned, I can assure that I can make one bigger. I just need to get home." he smirked thinking that he has won.

I smiled inside my head.

How wrong he was.

I turned to looks at his smirking face, an innocent expression on my face. Now we got to do something to wipe out that smirk, don't we?

"Oh My God!!! Will!!!! You never told me your are into such things. How can you do this? Those poor poor sweethearts" I fake gasped.

"What are you talking about?" He looked confused.

Well then.

"Please don't tell me you are going to go home and abuse your per dog. The thing is so little. I know you take away the innocence of girls, but pleaseeee spare the poor little innocent soul of the dog. I mean what are you thinking? Aren't humans enough to satisfy your sexual fetishes? Why are you doing these to animals? Why Cruze? Why?"

His jaw dropped and he was gaping like a fish.

I turned around and walked to my car, leaving a gawking William behind.

Not so much of a smirking mess now huh?

******

"God!!! I'm going to kill myself" I screamed "Arghh! Why don't I have milk in the house?"

After coming hone from my night escapades, I found my very handsome and very naked boyfriend still sleeping. I got a text from William on my way. It read:

'Well played Fisher. Well played.
But remember..paybacks' a bitch'

Looks like he has shook his frozen state off. It looked like I'm not getting any sleep tonight. It was almost morning and I had to go to work soon.
Unlike other people's work, mine ranged from 24×7. Going to work meant I have to face William again and he will yet again try to hit on me inspire of knowing that I have a boyfriend.

I cursed under my breath and took out a bottle of water. Milk was over, thanks to Jack. I don't know why but he has this huge obsession over milk. In fact we met at the supermarket, while reaching for the last carton of milk. He was very understanding and let me have the last carton.

Psshhh...I'm just kidding. He pushed me down and ran away with the last carton of milk. Sweet right? But as if it was his bad luck, he dropped his cellphone when he was practicing his Usain Bolt powers. Of course he had to call on his phone to get it back and imagine to his surprise and horror it was the same girl whom he pushed and fled. Well I got him to buy me a milk carton as an apology and surprisingly we clicked together. We have been going out for six months and we even live together. Too soon I know but I think he's the one. Yup! That's how I met my boyfriend. Over a carton of milk.

I grabbed my coat and purse and headed towards the supermarket.

________

Well what do you think?

Aritri..<3