XXVI

Carli removing the heels, let out a sigh. The ringing of her phone is what forces her to tear her eyes away from the couch, and let the thoughts of relaxation fade. She answers, "Hello?" 

"I need your help." 

* * *

Elena was staying at the Salvatore's, for her safety is what Stefan told Carli. "What are you doing here?" Elena asked. Carli glanced over her body, taking notice of the robe she was sporting.

"I'm leaving," Carli admitted. 

"What? Why?" Elena shuts the door of her bedroom, wanting privacy. 

"A friend of mine called, she needs my help." 

Elena folds her arms,"She? Who is this 'she'?" 

"I turned her a few decades ago," Carli said, "She was dying, and I couldn't imagine a life without her." 

"Oh," Elena looks down. "Were you two, you know..." she trails off.

"What?" Carli laughs, "No way. She's like a sister to me," Carli smiles fondly. "I just don't want to see her get hurt, so I have to help her." 

"When will you be back?" 

"Soon," Carli nods reassuringly. 

"Why'd you stop by?" 

Carli looked slightly taken aback, "I'd thought you'd be happier to see me. I planned on spending my last night here, with you," Carli smiled. 

"With me?" Elena asked, a blush evident on her face. 

"Not like that," Carli laughs again. "I meant a movie night, with cuddling, and junk food, and maybe some kissing," Carli walks towards the Gilbert. "Unless you'd rather be here without me, I don't mind starting the long drive." She heads for the door. 

"No," Elena pulled her back quickly. "Let me take a quick shower," she smiles. 

"Okay, I'll go grab some stuff from the kitchen." Carli walks down the hall, passing Damon's room. 

The door was open, and she glanced in to see a naked Damon lying in his bed, past out. There was no girl in sight, and the shower water wasn't running. 

For moment, Elena crossed her mind. No, Carli shook her head, She swore nothing was going on. Although, there was an itching feeling that she just couldn't scratch. 

"Hello Stefan," She greets him as she walks into the kitchen. 

"Hey," he nods, following after her. "So, I've been wondering," he starts. "Were you ever sired to Klaus? After he turned you into a hybrid?" He watches as she pokes her head in the fridge.

"No," she shook her head. "I guess it doesn't affect me like it did the others," she shrugged. "I mean I never experienced turning on the full moon, so there wasn't anything I was really gaining from this." She furrowed her brow, looking over, "Why?" 

"Nothing, I was just curious," he gives her a tight smile. 

"Stefan, what's going on?" He doesn't say a word. "Stefan," Carli urges.

He's quiet for a moment, "I think Elena might be sired to Damon." 

"Think?" 

"I don't know, it's just an idea," he shrugged. 

"Seems believable, I mean with the dress thing-" 

"What dress thing?" He asked, suddenly interested.