X

Short chapter, but I'm super excited for you guys to see whats gonna happen. 

Third person aka No one's POV

Elena opened Stefan's diary as she sat alongside Damon in the car, not before sending Carli a quick message of their whereabouts. 

Gloria's voice pleased many as she sang in the crowded room. The waiters were pouring drinks over a tower of glasses, and many watched in awe. 

The mysterious blonde danced with an ole square, but her gaze found its way towards a group of loud men laughing in the corner. She breaks away from her man, and stalks towards the men. "Sorry to crash the fun, boys, but some of us actually came to hear the music not you." Her thick accent surprised the men, and they felt themselves aroused just at the sound of her voice. 

Stefan had turned around, and met her gaze. "I am so sorry, sweetheart. Are we offending you?" Stefan had obviously had too much to drink, and the group around had laughed showing a clear indication that they had too. 

The blond gives a tight smile before replying to him, "It would take a lot more than a baby face like this to offend me." The group had fallen quiet as she ran her hand across his jaw with a smirk upon her face before they all began to 'ooh'. 

Stefan rushes to catch her again, "Are you ever going to tell me your name?"

"Sure," She agrees. "When you earn it," She leans into his ear for the second time that night. "Now do Gloria a favor, and stick a sock in it." Just like before she walked away, with a sway in her hips and returned to her date. 

*** 

Carli was unsure how she ended up in Pennsylvania, but that was where she was. Sighing, she dials the phone she had kept in her mouth through her night out. "Hello?" 

"Hey, Jeremy?" 

"What's up?" 

"I need your help, I'm kinda lost." 

"Where are you?" 

"Pennsylvania." 

*** 

"The sun's gone down," Caroline's father brushes her away her baby hairs. "We'll try again tomorrow." 

He's surprised when a gun is pointed at his head as soon as he shuts the door, locking his daughter in. Bill looks up, and he's met with the face if his ex wife. "Hello, Bill." 

"Put the gun down, Liz, I know what I'm doing." 

"That's our daughter in there," Liz tells him. "She looks up to you, she loves you." 

"Then she'll trust me to do the right thing," Bill argues. "Let me do this, Liz," His voice doesn't waver. "Not because she's a monster, but because we love her." 

"Tyler," Liz calls. Tyler Lockwood appears at the door, and descends down the stairs. 

"You're not going in there," Bill takes a step towards him. 

Liz pulls the trigger, and the two jump back. "Go ahead," She glares at her once lover. He hurries in the room, and looks down at the girl he loves. 

"Tyler?" Caroline mumbles weakly. 

"Its okay," He tells her and begins to rip the chains around her. "We're going to get you out of here." 

"My ring," She mutters. 

As soon as he slips the ring back onto her finger, she gives him an encouraging nod and he lifts her from the chair--into his arms. 

*** 

Stefan blurs towards his older brother, behind the bar, and slams his body into a car. "What is wrong with you?!" He exclaims. 

"What is wrong with you?!" Damon shoves Stefan away from him," Huh? Kill Andie one day, save my life the next. What are you, good, bad? Pick one!" 

"Klaus almost saw Elena today," Stefan points to the door of the bar. "You have to get her out of Chicago!" 

"She's not going anywhere until she's got you checked into vampire rehab, and on the mend." He leans forward, "Trust me, I've tried." 

"She is the key to everything," Stefan attempts to explain. "Klaus can't know that she's alive." 

"What are you talking about?" 

"She was supposed to die in the sacrifice, and she didn't. Now Klaus can't create any new hybrids, his which is seconds away from figuring that out! Tell Elena to go home, and forget about me." 

"Tell her yourself," Damon nods his head to towards the street. Stefan's head shoots over, and his gaze is met with Elena's. 

*** 

The fight between Damon and Klaus in the bar was over, and Klaus had clearly won. Outside, Elena had been watching Stefan's figuring shrink in size as he walked away from her. Tears spilled over, and she quickly wiped them away. 

*** 

Elena stumbles back up to her bedroom after spending twenty minutes telling Damon she wanted to be alone. She lets out a small gasp of surprise when she sees Carli lying under the covers. "Sorry," the blond apologizes. "I kinda went a bit to far on my run, and Jeremy had to come get me a couple states away." 

"Its fine," Elena shakes her head. 

"Do you want me to go?"

"No," Elena quickly declines. "I really would like someone to talk to, actually." She climbs in next to her, only after kicking her shoes off. 

"What happened?" As soon as the words leave Carli's mouth, Elena goes into a rant about what had gone down since they had last seen each other. "Well shit," Carli says and Elena chuckles. 

"Yep, a lot's happened." Elena lets out a loud sigh, and Carli turns her head to look at her. "What?" 

"I need to do something, and I need you to pretend to be okay with it." 

"Why don't you just compel me?" 

"Cause I want you to trust me," Carli answers. Its quiet for a moment, and that's when Carli leans forward. Elena freezes as their lips meet, but finds herself kissing back. The odd feeling in her the pit of her stomach fills her body, and she remembered the last time she felt anywhere near that great had been with either of the Salvatore brothers. 

The heat of the moment had been enough to push the forward, and Elena swung her leg over Carli's lap. Each kiss was short live, but filled with fire. 

Carli and Elena were each in vulnerable states with Stefan, Tori, and together with Klaus. They each had the intention of having a distraction for one night, but there was a small part of them that was loving each second of it. 

As Elena pulled Carli shirt over her head, and Carli tore Elena's there was a moment of hesitation in Carli's eyes. "Wait," She stops. "I can't do this, I can't hurt you." She attempts to move Elena, but she grabbed at her hands. 

"Look at me," the Gilbert says softly. "I want this, Carli, its okay to be scared." She cups the vampire's face in her hands, "But I know you'd never hurt me." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Positive," Elena smiles. 

"I really care about you, Elena, I don't want to take advantage of you." 

"You aren't, wanna know why?" Elena brought her mouth to Carli's ear, "I really care about you too." She bit down on her ear, and smirked softly at the moan she achieved that would draw blood on any human. 

Just like that, they were removing articles of clothing but Carli stopped again as soon as Elena stood before her--completely bare. "Wow," She mumbles in admiration and the human blushes. Carli's hand traces over the curve of her breasts, and down to her hips. "So, this is perfection?"