VI

Glad to see so many of you enjoying the story, love you!

Third Person

Katherine steps forward, and knows what she is risking to protect Stefan. "He's just trying to protect his brother," She says bravely.

Stefan gasps, "The witches said you had a cure." He meets Klaus' gaze, "Make me a deal. Just give me the cure, and I'll do whatever you want."

Klaus pulls the stake from Stefan's chest, and watches as he falls to the ground in agony. "Trouble is," Klaus pours himself some blood. "I don't know if you'd be any good to me, the way you are now. You're just shy of useless," He chuckles quietly.

***

Damon looks at his arm as the bite slowly, but surely, continued to weaken him. Alaric watches from the small window, worried for his friend. "Well, that looks bad."

"It feels worse," He grumbles. "My subconscious is hunting me, Ric." He looks at his friend, and takes in deep breaths. "Please tell me you have something for that?"

"Double shot," Alaric answers and pours the liquor into a cup.

"That's good," Damon groans and slowly stands. "So, my brother sent you for suicide watch?" He rolls his eyes in annoyance at Stefan.

"He's just trying to help," Alaric defends the vampire.

Damon scoffs, and turns away. "He's doing what he always does, trying to right the wrongs of the past." He lets out a groan, and coughs some blood. Alaric, unable to see his friend in so much pain, looks away. "You should want me dead," Damon groans. "I'm the reason Jenna got killed," He explains.

"I don't blame you for Jenna," Alaric takes a swig from the large bottle.

"Oh, sure you do." Damon begins to list every bad thing he has done to Alaric, but none of them seemed to matter to him. "Lets not forget I turned your wife into a vampire, you must really hate me for that one."

"Ok, give me your glass. Neither one of us is drunk enough for this conversation," He says.

Damn staggers over to Alaric, but instead of handing him his glass he wraps his hand around his throat. "Kill me, please," Damon begs.

"Screw you," Alaric chokes back. He jabs a needle of vervain into Damon's wrist, and he lets out a groan of pain.

"No," He mumbles before sliding down the door and falling to the ground. "Elena?"

"Elena's not here, Damon."

***

Elena parks her car in front of the Mansion of many memories, both good and bad. Halfway towards the door, she freezes at the sound of a rustling in the bushes. She glances over her shoulder, but nothing was there.

As soon as she turned around, a hand covered her mouth. Shocked, Elena tried to fight off Caroline's Mom. "Sh, don't make a sound."

***

Damon groans on the floor, "I need blood." Alaric makes his way to the cooler as Damon continues to whine, "I need blood."

He turns back, only to see the Sheriff pointing a gun at him. "Where's Damon?"

"You know, nows not a good time, Sheriff. Trust me," He sighs.

"Sheriff, over here!" The deputy calls.

"I wouldn't go in there," Alaric warns her.

"I just wanna talk to him," She rushes to shut the door.