XXI

So, theres a part about suicide in this chapter, because that's just how it goes in the show. I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to add that in, because I don't like writing about it even if its in the show, but Connor is kind of a crucial part to the story so I can't really get rid of him or all this thats happening. 

If you're sensitive about this topic, just skip the conversation Elena has with Connor. 

Here is a link to some hotlines: https://mentalillnessmouse.tumblr.com/post/21961172409/accepting-help-is-brave-hotlinescrisis-lines

I'll try my best to update(although school is only a week in and I'm already getting tests and quizzes and reports). 

I miss my grandmother terribly, but I'm not gonna stop writing. Its an outlet for me, and I think its best that I continue writing for my sake and mental health. I am doing better than before, and so is my family. Although I will be having a hard time for the next few weeks. But I do thank you all for your patience with me while I took my break, and for all the prayers and kind words. 

I don't know if I'll be able to update regularly, now that school is upon me, but I'll do my best. 

Stefan dragged Carli to the Lockwood mansion, much to her disappointment"Haley is the one that helped me break the sire bond," Tyler says. 

"Who?" Carli asks, looking away from a painting on the wall. 

"She's a friend of mine," Tyler says. "She showed me what to do, how to help," he explained. "When she showed up here I thought it was just coincidence, but it turns out she's helping on of them, her friend Chris. And she came to help us get the rest of them out from under Klaus." 

"Haley's got balls," Carli smirks. 

"So, are you telling me that Chris isn't sired anymore?" Stefan asks, brows furrowed, ignoring Carli.

Caroline smirks, "That's exactly what he's telling you." 

It's quiet for a moment before Carli speaks up, "How much do you want to bet everyone's going to die?" 

* * * 

"Clothes, toothbrush," Klaus' henchman walks in and drops a bag on Elena's bed. "Klaus said you're going to be here until he figures out where to put you." 

"Just please go away," Elena glances up from her seat. 

"I can't," she looks up and there stood Connor. He was covered in blood, the same way he died. "I'm going to be with you forever, a constant reminder of what you've become," he walks closer to her as Elena keeps her eyes away from him.

"So tell me, how did it feel to drain the life out of me?" 

She shook her head, "It was horrible." She finally meets his eyes, "It was the worst thing that I've ever done." 

"You're lying." 

"No, I'm not." 

"Yes, you are. Tell the truth," he demands. 

She leans forward, angered, "I am telling the truth." 

"You're lying." 

Elena shoots out of her chair, "Fine! I liked it, I loved the the taste of your blood! Are you happy?" She stood in front of him, glaring.

"I'm not happy, Elena," he says in a calm voice. "I'm dead. Did you know I had a family? A brother? Parents?" 

"I'm sorry," she mumbles and she truly was. "I'm really sorry." 

"Are you sorry about your parents? Its your fault they died." 

"Don't," Elena stammers. 

He walks forward, and Elena walks back. "They ran off Wickery Bridge with you in the car, but they weren't supposed to be there, were they? They died because of you," he sneers. 

Elena gasps, her knees hitting the chair she had been sitting in. "You know I'm not going to stop, until you've taken your last miserable breath," he whispers into her ear. 

"I'm not going to let you do this to me," Elena walks past him and puts on a brave face. No matter how brave she believed she was, her eyes continued to water.

Connor laughs, "Then get rid of me." The smile on his face drops, "Kill yourself. You never wanted to be a vampire in the first place, now look at what you've become," Connor walks closer to her. "You're a monster, and you deserve to die." 

Elena shakes her, her hands going up into her hair and tugging at her locks. She turns away from him, a sob working its way through her, and her hands cover her ears in a sad attempt to block him out. 

"You don't want to listen to me? Fine," he says. Elena turns back, curiosity filling her body. 

"Carli?" 

"How about we have a little chat?" The blonde smirks at her.  Elena was frozen in place as Carli circled her like a lion circled its prey. "Why'd you kill him?" 

"I had to," Elena stammers out. "You wouldn't get it, you weren't there," she says it, accusingly. 

"You made me leave," Carli answers back. "You stuck your tongue down someone else's throat, so I thought 'screw it.'" 

"Screw it? Screw it?! I loved you, Carli! I still love you! For whatever reason I can get over Damon, and I can get over Stefan or Matt, but you're still there! Everything is still there, and I'm tired of feeling guilty," Elena's eyes watered. 

Carli chuckled, darkly. "Well, you wouldn't be feeling guilty had you not kissed Damon. I'm not the one you love, Elena, he is. I'm just the one that got away." She sits down at the edge of the bed, swinging her leg over the other. 

"No," Elena shakes her head. "I don't want you to be!" 

"Then give me a reason to stay," Carli shrugs simply. 

Elena takes two long strides towards the blonde, connecting their lips together. She pushes her down onto the mattress, and crawls over her, not breaking the kiss. 

Elena lets her hands roam Carli's body, and smirks when she moans. She attacks Carli's neck, biting hard enough to draw blood(and it healed only seconds later). 

The two roll around on the bed, tearing off clothes, and things intensify quickly. Carli pulls away, and stands, reaching for her clothes. "What are you doing?" Elena pants. 

Carli shakes her head, laughing humorlessly. "You think you deserve this? That you deserve me?" Carli glances over her shoulder just to see the hurt flash over Elena's face. "At this point, Elena, do you even deserve the friends you have?" 

Elena blinks, and Carli was gone. She looks around the room, frantically, only to realize that she had been an illusion. She had been alone the entire time. Suddenly, feeling cold, she reaches her clothes lying on the ground before dropping back on the bed. 

She let out a dry laugh, realizing how obvious that had been. Carli wasn't like that. Carli put everyone first, and she'd never treat someone like that, no matter her feelings. 

Elena lets her eyes flutter shut, pushing away the thoughts of Connor, and for a minute just thought about Carli. She thought of her long blond hair, and beautiful hazel green eyes. Elena let out a sigh of content, and hoped the dreams of Carli were enough to push away the nightmares of Connor.