XV

Klaus and Tyler walked alongside one another through the party, laughing. "My mom would seriously freak if she saw all these people here," Tyler comments on the amount of people at his house.

"Your mother won't be a problem," Klaus grins. "I compelled her to go to Church, and pray for your friends."

"What are you talking about?" Tyler laughs, shaking his head.

"I want you to look around," Klaus beings to point at his friends. "There's Bonnie," the witch was looking around and bobbing her head to the music. "There's Elena and Matt," he points to the two who were passing a beer back and forth while Elena glared at Carli's dance partner.

"There's your pretty little girlfriend, Caroline," the blonde was smiling along with some of her classmates. "There big dance was wrecked tonight, and who came through with a party? You did, what a pal, but who are all these other people here?"

Tyler then realizes he knew less than half of the people who were trashing his yard. "I have no idea, I've never seen half of these people in my life."

"Well," Klaus smirks. "That's because I've invited a few dozen friends of my own." He points to the group, "That's Mindy, Tony, and a few others."

"Are those people all hybrids?"

"Well, they also love a good party and are sired by me as well, they wish to serve their master. So, if anyone should so much as make a move against me, they may feel obligated to retaliate." Klaus takes a step back, and his grin reappears. "Feel free to warn your friends, and my sister while you're at it."

Tyler looks at the group in worry as Klaus stalks off in confidence.

***

"Where's your date?" Klaus asks Elena who tenses at the sight of him.

"Getting me a drink," she answers.

"Really?" He furrows his brows, and looks towards his sister. "Cause it looks like she's dancing," he chuckles at her glare and offers her his beer.

"Seems I have you to thank for Mikael's demise," he grins cheekily.

"He came at me, I didn't have a choice."

"Still, I'm impressed, its not easy for a human to dagger an original."

"It wasn't the first time," she forces a smile.

"Right, Elijah," he nods. "You seem nervous," he furrows his brows in false concern.

"I'm not nervous, I just don't like you," she sasses.

"I can see why my sister is so fond of you," he chuckles.

"What do you want, Klaus?"

"I'll just get straight to the point then, shall I, love?" He knits his brows together, and lowers his voice. "People have been after me for a thousand years, and I am always one step ahead. So, whatever it is you're thinking of trying, go for it, give it your best shot."

He smirks, "You won't succeed." He turns to walk away, but faces her again. "And if you hurt my sister, well you'll have bigger problems."

"We aren't together," Elena answers quickly.

"You want to be," he chuckles. "Bit of advice, tell her, she isn't one to wait around."

***

"Hello, Niklaus," Mikael smiles as he stands just out the door. "Carli," he nods to the youngest whom stood beside her brother.

"Hello Mikael, won't you come in? Oh, that's right, I forgot you can't," Niklaus smirks.

"That was just about the dumbest thing you have ever said," Carli comments. "What kind of comeback is that?"

"Its alright, he could come outside," Mikael offers.

"Or I could watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb," Klaus smirks.

"That's better, creepy, but much better." The two glare at Carli, and she blushes. "Sorry, continue with your evil reunion to the death."

"Your hybrids can't kill me," Mikael smirks.

"True, but it'll make a hell of a party game. All I have to do is rub these two fingers together," he lifts his hands. "And they'll pounce," he grins.

"The big bad wolf," Mikael mocks. "You haven't changed, still hiding behind your playthings like a coward."

He's gonna need some ice for that burn, Carli mentally joked and chuckles causing the Klaus to glare.

"You only forget," Mikael continues. "They may be sired by you, but they're still part vampire and they can be compelled by me."

Mindy joins Mikael's side, and Klaus clenches his jaw. She tugs on an arm, and Elena is revealed. Is this a part of the plan? Carli furrows her brows, and nods towards Elena as if to ask if she was okay. The Gilbert gives a forced smile, but was hoping she would go along with it.

"Come out, and face me, Niklaus," Mikael chuckles. "Or she dies," he nods to Elena.

Carli tenses, and Elena meets her eyes for a split second before returning her gaze to Klaus. This can't be a part of the plan, Carli glares at Mikael for a moment.

"Go ahead, kill her," Klaus says and slight fear builds in Carli's chest.

"Klaus," Carli pleads.

"If she dies, this will be the last of your abominations," Mikael nods to the hybrids behind him.

"I don't need them," he says. "I just need to be rid of you," he sneers.

"To what end, Niklaus?" So, you can live forever with no one at your side? Nobody cares about you anymore, boy!"

Carli reaches out, and takes her brother's hand, a way of saying that he still had her. "I'm calling your bluff, father, kill her," Nik seethes.

"Klaus, please, don't let him," Carli stands between them with teary eyes.

"Come outside, and face me, you little coward," Mikael says from behind her.

"My whole life you've underestimated me," Klaus' eyes water and a tear rolls down his cheek. "If you kill her, you lose your leverage. So go ahead, kill her. Kill her," he exclaims.

Carli stands aside, removing herself from her brother, and prays that this was a part of their stupid plan.

"Your impulse, Klaus," Mikael chuckles. "It has and forever will be the one thing that keeps you from truly being great." He shoves a knife into Elena's spine, and she drops the ground in pain.

Damon blurs forward, and shoves a stake into Klaus side.

"Katherine," Carli gasps as she stands, completely unharmed.

"Kaboom," she smirks and throws the vervain bombs toward the hybrids.

Stefan appears, and shoves Damon off of Klaus. "What are you doing?!" He seethes.

Klaus grabs the stake, and stands. "Klaus, don't," Carli pleads. Although, Klaus jumps forward and plunges the stake into Mikael's heart. He stands, and looks down at his father as he burned.

"What the hell did you do?" Damon shoves his brother.

"He's earned his freedom," Klaus says joining them.

"What the hell?" Carli mumbles, and places a hand on her forehead.

"Don't start with me," Klaus glares at her. "You knew about this, didn't you?"

"You're surprised? Klaus, had that really been Elena, you would have her hurt me more than you could ever know."

"Don't be so dramatic," he spits.

"I love her, Klaus!" Carli says without thinking. "Oh my god," she mumbles in shock of her own revelation. "I'm in love with Elena."