XVI

When you can't till if the gif is with Damon or Stefan, but give no fucks.

"We thought of everything, Elena!" Damon stomps around, downing bourbon. "Klaus having hybrids, Mikael turning on us, we brought in Katherine so you weren't in danger! Anything that could of gone wrong, we were prepared!"

"I don't understand," Elena told Damon. "Stefan wanted Klaus dead more than anything, that's what we were counting on," Elena says as she folded her arms.

"We blew it," Damon's voice drops.

"Where's Katherine?"

"She ran for the hills, like usual! The minute things got bad, and who blames her? Klaus would have crushed her," he spits. "I had him, Elena, I had Klaus! This could have all been over!" He turns around and throws the bottle of bourbon into the fire in a rage.

"Hey," Elena exclaims. "We'll get through this," she cups his face. "We always do."

"We're never getting him back, " Damon says softly. "You know that, don't you?"

"Then, we'll let him go," she says after a moment of silence. "Okay? We'll have to let him go."

Elena leaves the room, and heads up the stairs as Damon takes a call. "Hey," Carli greets and Elena jumps. "Sorry," she gives her a sheepish smile.

"Its okay," she chuckles shaking her head. "You okay?"

"Yeah," Carli clears her throat. "I just wanted to tell you something, and I'm kind of scared."

"What is it?" Elena furrows her brows as Carli stands from the bed Elena had been sleeping in the last few days. Elena's eyes scan the amazing dress, and felt just the slightest bit jealous that Katherine had the chance to look at her while she was dressed like that, but quickly pushed the feeling aside.

"I," Carli tries and fails. "You know what? Never mind, this was a mistake," she stands to walk out before Elena stops her.

"Tell me, its okay," Elena gives her a soft smile of reassure.

Carli couldn't form the words at that very moment, she could feel herself getting choked up, but simply looking at Elena caused her level of confidence to rise. She takes a brave step forward towards the beautiful brunette, cups her face, and presses her lips against hers. "I love you, Elena," Carli pulls away with watery eyes.

"You do?" Elena whispers, still in shock.

"Yeah," she nods her head. "I love you, and I'm terrified." She looks down, "I don't want Klaus to take someone else from me."

"Hey," Elena says softly. "I love you too, Carli," Elena doesn't waste a second of time before pushing their mouths together.

The two found themselves stumbling onto the bed, frantic to ease the urge of wanting to be as close as they were now. Elena straddles Carli's waist, and pulls away from the heated kiss. She lifts her shirt, looking down at Carli who was panting.