XIX

Check out my new story, Goddess | Jacob Black! 

Side note, this story is going to have a major time skip, and will actually be coming to an end soon. 

This is chapter is also kind of weird, but whatever. 

Elena hurried out of Stefan's car, trying to wipe away his blood from her face, only smearing it instead. "Get back in the car," Stefan commands as he steps out too. 

"Stay away from me," Elena yells and continues to walk away. 

"Elena, get in the car!" 

She turns around, "How could you?! My parents died going over this bridge," she points as tears roll down her cheeks. "I almost died," she cries. "You knew that, you're the one who saved me." 

"Look, he had to believe that I would do it, alright? Your fear sold it," Stefan doesn't meet her gaze, pretending that this didn't hurt him as much as it did her.

"Well, what if he hadn't?" She cried. 

Stefan shrugs, "He did." 

"Well, what if he hadn't?!" Elena yells. 

"He did, Elena! He backed down! He has a weakness! If I know his weakness, I can destroy him!" Stefan yells at the girl he loves, whom he was pretending to hate. 

Elena says in between sobs, "And after everything, that's what mattered, destroying Klaus?" She turns away from him. 

"Destroying Klaus is all I have left," Stefan says. 

"You had me," Elena looks at him with sad eyes. 

"I lost you the minute I left town with him, you just haven't let yourself admit that yet." he sighs. 

"Is that what you're trying to do? Are you trying to make me hate you?" 

"I don't really care what you think about me anymore, Elena," Stefan turns around and walks off. Elena watches, shaking her head, as he gets in his car and drives past her. 

She leans over the railing, looking out into the water. "This bridge has some serious bad luck," Elena sighs to herself. 

Another car stops, but Elena doesn't turn around. She gasps in shock when arms lock around her waist, "Are you okay?" She sighs, and leans back into Carli's chest. "Klaus called me, I was trying to get here as fast as I could, but it seems you survived tonight without me." 

"He's gone."

"Who?" Carli asks, kissing her neck softly. 

"Stefan, we really lost him." 

Carli's quiet for a moment, just swaying their bodies. "We'll get home back, eventually." 

"How do you know?"

"Its Mystic Falls," she chuckles, "Everything works out in the end."

Elena looked out into the water, hoping if her words were true. She felt the guilt rise in her body as they continue to stand over the water. How could I hurt her? Elena thought, She's been nothing, but an amazing person to all of us. She loves me, and I love her, but whatever I feel about Damon can ruin that. 

"Come on," Carli takes Elena's hand and pulls her away. "Jeremy's leaving tomorrow, you should get some rest." 

* * *

Few Days Later

"Good morning," Carli whispers into Elena's ear. "Come on, I'll make you some breakfast, Bonnie's coming to get you soon."