Confrontations and Pleasant Dreams

Start from the beginning

"Sure thing. I'll be right back with your orders." Our waitress scurried off.

"So, Edward, since the girls are talking wedding stuff, let's do the same," Emmett beamed.

"Oh, good lord," I blushed. "What?"

"Why are you blushing, Cullen?"

"I'm not blushing," I lied. I could feel the heat in my cheeks. However, I didn't know why I was blushing.

"Suuuure," Emmett laughed. "Have you decided on where you're going for your honeymoon?"

"My family owns a small island off the coast of Brazil. We acquired it about sixty years ago. My grandparents purchased it. They built a small house there, but Esme has since renovated it," I replied. "I'm planning on taking Bella there. We're going to spend two weeks at this island. It's called Isle Esme."

"Who named it?" Jasper asked.

"Jasper? Really?" I laughed, arching my brow over my glasses. "It wasn't named until Carlisle inherited it from his father. He essentially gifted it to Esme when they got married."

"Oh," Jasper whispered. Then, it dawned on him. "OH...now I get it."

I shook my head in disbelief of my friend. I love Jasper. Really, I do. But, he's not the brightest bulb.

Our waitress returned with our food. Emmett and Jasper both ordered hamburgers and I received my mozzarella sticks. We tucked into our food and the conversation comes to a screeching halt. As I was finishing my last mozzarella stick, my phone chirped from my pocket. I pulled it out and saw a text from Bella.

My ass is asleep. Too many hours in the car – B

Poor baby. Do you need me to massage it? – E

Yes please ;) – B

How much longer until you get to Rose's place? – E

About another hour or so – B

Sounds like a great time. Has Alice talked the entire time? – E

Fuck my life, yes! Is she always like this? – B

Yes. Especially in the car. She feels it necessary to fill the silence with incessant chatter – E

I'm thinking I'm going to slip her an Ativan on the car ride back to Emerson – B

LOL! Smart woman – E

Gotta go. Alice is threatening to take my phone away. Evil little sprite – B

Love you, baby. Miss you a ton – E

Love you more, Edward. Break a leg tonight – B

I'll try not to – E

Dork – B

Your dork – E

Love you – B

Love you too – E

I smiled and put my phone back into my pocket. Our waitress returned with the check and we quickly paid our bill. We drove over to Eclipse to set up for our show. Kellan greeted us with a small crew of workers to move our equipment onto the stage. We are set up in less than a half hour and we are ushered into the green room.

It felt weird to not have Bella with us. Just saying.

We all do our pre-show rituals and wait for Kellan to announce us. We said a quick prayer and listened intently. We heard Kellan announce our band and we quickly moved onto the stage. We begin our set with "The Pretender" by the Foo Fighters. The crowd erupted in cheers and we feed off of their energy. My 'funk' quickly dissipates and I focus on making this the best show I can. I close my eyes and imagine that Bella is standing next to me. I could almost feel her presence and I smiled.