Confrontations and Pleasant Dreams

Start from the beginning

I worked on Bella's song for a couple of hours before I decide to head off to the restaurant. I was getting ready to go to McFinnigans and I was searching frantically for my glasses case. I needed to wear them to the restaurant and the club since I was driving. I still refused to wear them on stage as I had an 'image' to uphold. I'm not a vain guy, but it's not cool when a singer in a rock band has to wear glasses. I finally found the case and slipped it in my jacket pocket. I got my guitar and my messenger bag, walking down to the car. I drove to McFinnigans and saw Emmett and Jasper sitting in the bar. I ambled over to their table and eased on to one of the stools.

"Hey guys," I smile.

"Drink up, Cullen," Emmett retorts, passing me a beer. "You need to drink your sorrows away."

I roll my eyes and take a sip of the beer that was handed to me. "Have you heard from Alice or Rose?"

"Nope. Probably won't hear from them until they get to Rose's place," Jasper drawled. "The girls are spending the entire weekend planning your wedding."

"Sounds like a great time," I said, dryly.

"We got it lucky, man. All we have to do is show up, on time, in a tux," Jasper laughed. "Women have to get all gussied up and shit. It's gnarly."

"However, we like it when they get gussied up," I said, raising my glass.

"Amen to that, brother," Emmett boomed. "I've been meaning to ask you. Have you heard anything from that music rep that your old choir director works with?"

"Not recently. I got the email from Garrett the day that Bella was in her car accident. I briefly mentioned it to him when I saw him on Monday, but we both were not really all there. I was worried about Bella and Garrett was focused on his wife who was about to go into labor. If something happens, great. If not, we'll just keep doing what we do," I stated.

"I was thinking," Jasper said with a contemplative look on his face.

"Stop the presses," I teased.

"Shut it, douche," Jasper snorted, smacking my arm. "Anyhoo ... I was thinking that we should get some merchandise. We've made some decent money from working at Eclipse and we can make some more t-shirts and hoodies. What do you think?"

"I think we should do some research of local silk-screen companies and get some quotes," I replied. "Good idea, Jas."

"I have a few brain cells that work, ass," Jasper barked, rolling his eyes. "I can do some research this weekend. How much money do we have in the account that you and Bella set up?"

"About $4000. We should also think about recording a few CDs to sell as well," I suggested. "We can use the recording studio at Brandon to make the demo and burn them using my computer at home."

"I can create the jacket for the CDs. One of my assignments for computer graphic design is to create a CD cover for a 'make believe' band. I can create our jacket for my assignment," Emmett said excitedly.

"Excellent!" I smiled. "Have you guys ordered?"

"Yeah, right before you got here. Do you want anything?" Jasper asked.

"I may get an appetizer. Nothing too heavy," I responded, looking for our server. I caught a server's eye and waved her down. She indicated to me to wait before she swayed over to our table.

"Hiya. What can I get you?" she asked sweetly.

"Can I get an order of mozzarella sticks, please?" I asked politely.

"You got it. You want another beer?"

"Nah, I'm good. Can I get water though?" I questioned, not wanting to push my luck.