Chapter 66

Sam's POV

I can't believe this is really going to happen. Liam has researched wedding chapels and made a appointment at one. Lisa and Josh are meeting us there with their spouses.

As I fold up our clothes into an overnight bag, I can hardly contain my excitement and anxiety. It's funny how things are turning out. For years, I had envisioned that I'd be doing this with Harry. I was so stupid for remotely thinking that I was more than an over glorified booty call for him. It never felt that way when we were together or talking on the phone. But, I have no other way to describe it. Fuck buddy? Friends with benefits? Whatever it is...well, was...he's made his intensions perfectly clear. He was just never into me like I was into him. I do miss him. He has become so distant.

Aside from Liam, Harry was the only other person I have let all my walls down for. I'm not good at expressing myself verbally all the time but I think my actions are pretty damn clear.

Liam knows about Harry. I've got no secrets from Liam. He prefers I stop talking to him all together. I fire back that then Amber needs to be gone out of his life. It's only fair.

Speaking of Amber, she called him last night announcing that she is officially divorced from her husband and starting crying her eyes out on how she made a mistake with Liam. I only know this because Liam is pretty open with me when I ask. Personally, I wish he'd just kick her out of the wedding party. She is way more drama than what it is worth. I only heard bits and pieces of Liam's end of that conversation. I did hear him say to her that at the time he thought he was in love with her but now he knows he wasn't. Also, he told her that basing her relationship with her husband on something he said three years ago is a bit crazy. From what he says, she was none too pleased with his response.

I'd be lying if I said I liked Amber. I'm not jealous of her. I just can't get past her disrespect for me and this relationship. Then again, I can't blame her for wanting what I have. Liam's an amazing man. Why would she throw all that away in the first place?

"Are you almost done? We've got to go or else we're going to miss our appointment time." Liam startles me back into reality and tries to rush me.

He made me jump sky high because I was so lost in my thoughts.

"Almost! Don't get your panties in a bunch!" I respond.

He leans his head into the room and raises an eyebrow at me. I giggle.

I barely get my bag zipped and Liam is taking it to the car with me in tow. We climb in to begin our three hour journey to the wedding chapel.

As the car veers its way to the highway, Liam turns to me, "Are you ready for this? In less than four hours, you will be Mrs. Samantha Payne."

"Hey! Don't look at me!" I yell jokingly at him.

"Why not? You look beautiful!"

"It's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding!" I inform him placing my hand up covering my face from his angle.

He rolls his eyes, grabs my hand, and kisses my knuckles before placing it between us. My eyes try to focus on the scenery as it zooms by.

"Liam?"

"Yea, Babe"

"Please be honest...Are you completely comfortable with Amber in your wedding party? I mean, you've got more drama in your party than I do and mine are all women!"

"Funny you should bring that up. I've been second guessing that decision lately." He responds.

"Really?" I can't hide the fact I'm shocked.