Chapter 6

Harry's POV

Holy shit!!! I should have paid better attention to Zayn when he was bragging about her. Superstar athlete? Good cook? A virgin? SAM?! Apparently, there is much more to this girl than I ever thought there was. I should pay better attention.

"Hi, Stranger." I reply

"You two know each other?" Zayn asks.

"Harry and I had the same math class this last year."

"Really?! That's crazy!" Zayn replies.

I watch the way she looks at Zayn. Her eyes are beaming when she talks to him. She looks fantastic. I don't think Sam could look bad if she tried. She appears happy. I hope he doesn't break her heart. She doesn't deserve that.

"What time are you off? Did you want to stop by my house and hang for a bit?" Zayn shoots me an invite.

This guy has Sam all to himself tonight and he is inviting everyone and their mothers over. Not exactly how I would have done it but then again, I'm not Zayn.

"Maybe. It'll depend what time I actually get out of here." I respond.

Zayn nods and Sam smiles. When she smiles, her whole face smiles. You can't help but smile back...at least I can't.

Holy shit! SAM?! I may need to take Zayn up on that invite. This could be interesting.

Sam's POV

Zayn grabs my hand, introduces me to a few people, and we head into a theatre. That was so weird seeing Harry here. He was the last person I expected to see this summer and I didn't expect Zayn to know him. It was so good to see him. I realized at that moment I actually missed him. I hope he shows up tonight and we can catch up. He would, at least, be one person I would know there aside from Zayn. I don't think Calum is coming. The lights start to dim in the theatre and we settle in to watch a movie.

* * * *

We walk back in through the front door at Zayn's house and almost immediately, people start showing up. So many unfamiliar faces surround me but Zayn keeps me close with his hand around my waist or his hand in mine. Everyone seems to be really nice except for this one girl, Erin and her friend, Laura. They had these high pitch, annoying voices and were slightly bitchy towards me. Zayn didn't seem to pay them too much attention, which meant less time for me to have to plaster on a fake smile at them. Zayn starts playing pool with a few friends while I make my way to the bathroom.

I'm not drinking, although there is alcohol at the party. I've never been a big drinker. I'm too much of a control freak to allow myself to lose all common sense with alcohol. Don't get me wrong, I do enough stupid shit sober that I don't need to add alcohol to any scenario.

I leave the bathroom weaving in and out of people in the crowded hallway...some talking and some making out. I look into the room where Zayn is shooting pool when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I spin around. It's Harry!!!! He's flashing his dimple infested award winning smile.

"Hi!!!!" I squeal and without thinking, I throw my arms around him giving him a hug.

"Long time, no see." He says in his carefree, soothing voice as he hesitates a second and then hugs me back.

"Do you want to go sit outside and catch up? It's seriously loud in here." I suggest.

"Sure."

"Let me let Zayn know."

"Ok. Did you want something to drink?"

"Yeah. Just some water. Thanks." I answer as I walk over to Zayn.

I lean in and tell him where I'll be. I looks up, makes eye contact with Harry, and gives him a head nod and a smile. I'll never understand how boys communicate like that.

We head out to the backyard and sit on the side of a planter box.

"You don't drink?" He asks while handing me my water.

"Not very often. Can I just tell you that you are the last person I expected to see tonight?"

"Yeah. Same here. Who knew the girl Zayn has been talking about was you?"

"He talks about me?! What has he said?" I ask as my heart skips a beat. That is so sweet! He talks about me. He's so adorable.

"Oh no! You're not going to get it out of me that easily!" He teases. "I do have a few questions for you, though."

Just then, Erin and Laura come staggering outside snickering and trying to keep themselves upright. They are so trashed and even more obnoxious as before. Erin wedges herself between Harry and I and Laura on the other side of him. Does he know these bitches?

"Hello, ladies." He says in a flat tone as they look at each other and snicker.

I guess he does know them. I can't quite read his body language. I feel like I should leave. These girls have made it perfectly clear I'm not wanted and Harry isn't exactly shooing them away.

I glance at my phone. 2:00am already?! I glance at the house and notice Zayn leaning up against the doorway smiling at me. I stand up and walk over. He slides his hand around my waist, pulls me in, and presses his lips against mine. I smile under his kiss. He makes me feel so confident...like I am the most important person in the room.

"The party is winding down. Are you ready to go to bed?" He whispers in my ear.

"I thought you'd never ask." I whisper back.

Zayn smiles playfully and pushes his tongue to the back of his teeth. God, he's so hot when he smiles like that. He gently puts his hand in mine, brings my hand up to his mouth, and gently kisses it. My stomach flutters. He turns and leads me into the house. I look over my shoulder to see Harry engaged in conversation with The Lush Twins. Those girls are so annoying. Poor Harry.

We enter Zayn's bedroom and he locks the door behind him. He turns to me, places his hands on each side of my face, and begins to kiss me. The flutters in my stomach begin to turn to a deep ache. His lips trail across my cheek and slowly kisses down my neck. It takes my breath away. I feel his breathing getting heavier against my neck. My heart is racing. I'm ready for this. It feels right....