Chapter 43

I roll over and check my phone. It's 10:08am. I turn the other way to find Harry staring at me. He grins.

"Good morning, Beautiful." He says.

I shake my head, roll my eyes, and turn away from him.

"Hey! I'm talking to you!" He jokes.

"You are such a creeper!" I laugh and he joins me.

"What do you want to do today?" He asks.

My stomach answers for me and lets out a roar.

"Okay. Something to eat is on the top of the list. Why didn't you tell me you were hungry?"

"I thought I just did."

"Okay, Miss Sassypants! Did you want to hit the beach too? It's only a couple blocks away."

"Really?! That sounds like fun." I smile at him. "I better make a quick lap in the shower first, though."

"Why?"

"Seriously?! Do you not smell that scent of stale sex?! That's me!" I respond as I make my way to his bathroom leaving him laughing behind me.

I start the shower and hop in. I am rinsing out my my hair quickly as the shower curtain moves and Harry joins me.

"We are never going to get moving with you in here." I tease him.

"I can't be the only one smelling like stale sex!" He smiles.

"Okay. But keep your hands to yourself, Mr. Styles, or we will never leave this apartment."

"You say that like it's a bad thing." And there is that award winning dimple infested smile. Dammit, Harry!

I raise an eyebrow, point a finger at him, and smirk as he raises both hands up as if he is under arrest.

"I'll make it up to you later." I promise.

"You drive a hard bargain...Fine!" He sighs.

We finish our shower quickly and head out the door. He takes me to a local panini shop for lunch. Finally, my stomach stops complaining about being neglected.

Then, we walk over to the beach. We take our shoes off and walk in the sand. We don't hold hands in public. I'm not really sure why. I guess that would show some kind of commitment and heaven forbid Harry be committed!

I notice up ahead a group of people playing beach volleyball. I haven't played volleyball since high school.

As we get closer, Harry hollers out, "Mind if we join you?"

A random guy answers, "Go right ahead! One on each side, to keep it even."

I smirk at Harry. "Great! Thanks a lot! She's going to kick my ass!" He informs them.

They all laugh at him. Harry meets people so effortlessly. They just seem to really warm up to him quickly. I think it's his genuine kindness that draw them in. I just worry about him being taken advantage of due to his kindness.

We start to play. This group is out here for fun but they've got some skills. I'm a little rusty but it doesn't take long before it all comes back. Harry seems to be holding his own. The teams are pretty evenly matched and each side wins a game.

The group decides that it's time to head out. We are invited back next weekend. Harry says he may take them up on that offer and exchanges numbers with them. I won't be here to enjoy it.

We head over for some frozen yogurt. As we sit and enjoy our treats, we talk.

"Okay. Tell me something hardly anyone knows about you. A hidden talent...a fear...anything." I demand from Harry.

"Uhmmmm...only if you have to answer it too."

"That's only fair."

"Okay. I can juggle and can play a mean kazoo."

"The kazoo?!" I laugh.

"Hey! It's a lost art!" He defends while laughing.

"Seriously?!" I'm still laughing. "I took eight years of piano lessons."

"Eight years? You must be good."

"I wouldn't say that. I hated it after three and half assed it the rest of the time."

"I'd love to hear you play sometime."

"That's not happening."

"Why not?"

"I'm not that good and I really don't want to bore people with classical music. All it's good for now is playing Christmas music so my family can butcher the hell out of it by attempting to sing." I explain.

"Interesting. I may need to make an appearance at the Anderson household for Christmas." He threatens.

"Don't you dare!"

"Here's something for you! I once dated a woman fifteen years older than me." He informs me.

"Really?!" I'm a little shocked. That's quite an age gap.

"Yep."

"I've got one! My very first boyfriend ever from junior high announced he was gay right after high school."

"No way! Did he go to our school?" He laughs.

"Nope. I was born and raised down here...well...closer to Los Angeles. My family moved up to Dublin when I was a freshman in high school."

"That explains a lot." He proclaims.

"What do you mean?"

"You were probably the nicest person to me on my first day. You knew what it was like being the new kid."

"I did."

He begins to chuckle at his thoughts. "And if you would have told me that we'd still be friends and messing around years later, I would have never believed it."

I giggle at the thought of how far we've come. Wait! Where exactly are we? Ugh! Once again, I need to get out of my own head.

"I had fun today. Thank you." I smile at him.

"Me too" he smiles back.

We stop by a pizza place on the way back to Harry's and grab some early dinner to go. I've got some making up to do from the shower and that means we're in for the night. I smile at the thought.