Chapter 55

We are finally going home. It's been almost a week! Oh no! Not from the hospital. Kevin and I got discharged as quickly as possible. Home from my parents' house. My mom insisted we stay there for the first few days. I guess it made her feel like she "helped". Honestly, my parents have really come around since I first told them and have embraced the new title of grandparents.

Niall's mom was so excited when they were here. I really felt sorry for the woman. She had no idea that Kevin even existed until a few weeks ago. I wonder how that conversation went..."Hi Mom. I knocked a girl up, she's due in a week or so, and you're going to be a grandma." That had to have gone over like a fart in church! It was nice to see how welcoming she was to Kevin.

Niall and his mom only stayed two days. We discussed some of visitation and child support. Niall was more interested in visitation. He wants Kevin out where he lives in a couple weeks although he wasn't willing to drive out and get him or fly out and get him. I really don't understand how his thought process works.

My mom kept pushing Niall and I to sit together and talk. It was pathetic...really. I hate it when she tries to force things to happen the way SHE thinks they should. It's so annoying! Why would I get together with someone who is going to take off running when life hits a speed bump?! That's really healthy to expose a child to! Whatever! She promised that we'd bring Kevin out to see Niall and his mom in a couple weeks without discussing it with me. Ugh! I need to get us out of that obligation.

I finally get Kevin and I settled back in at my condo. I just got him down and I text Harry. His week visit is almost up and we have yet to have a chance to hang out.

"FINALLY home! If you have some time, you are more than welcome to come over." I text.

"I'll be there in 20 mins." He quickly responds.

I am so excited to see him. Shit! I look like hell. Oh well! I've been through hell this week. I'm still as big as a house. Maybe I should cancel him coming. This is going to be too embarrassing. I grab my phone to text some lame ass excuse to Harry and the doorbell rings. Shit!

Harry's POV

I thought she'd never text me! My whole reason for the trip was to see her and the baby. I wish she would have had me over when Niall was out. That would have been fun. I would have messed with that asshole.

Then, if she only invited me over to her parents' house, I would have loved to see the look on their faces to me walking in the door. I don't think they were ever too fond of me.

I am snapped back to reality as I hear the door unlock and Sam appears in the doorway. God! I have missed her!

I give her the small bouquet of flowers I have in one hand as I move in for a hug. I bury my nose in her hair. There is that familiar scent I've been missing. The memories begin to come back in a big tsunami. Before I get lost in them, like I have all week, I pull my other hand out from behind me with a teddy bear I picked up for Kevin.

"Harry! You really didn't have to. Thank you!" She says with a huge smile on her face.

She looks good considering the stress that she deals with from all different directions and just having a baby about a week ago. I have missed her so much!

She invites me in and I follow her to the kitchen while she puts the flowers in water and offers me something to drink. Her place is quite cute. It suits her.

"Where's Kevin?" I ask. I just noticed that he is nowhere to be seen.

"He's sleeping. He'll be up in about an hour. I hope you planned on staying that long."

"I was going to stay until you kick me out." I didn't mean that perverted. Please! She just had a baby! Give me a little credit!

She smiles and leads me into the living room. We sit next to another on the couch. Sam and I talk for a good hour until there is a cry from her bedroom. My heart melts. He sounds so little.

She lets him cry a little while she gets a bottle ready. I hardly contain myself from going in there and getting him. I'm so anxious to see him.

She heads towards her room and walks out with a screaming wad of blanket. Sam puts a bottle into the blanket and the crying stops. She sits back down next to me. I peer over and see these big blue eyes looking up at her. Oh my God! I am in shock. His nose is smaller than the tip of my thumb! He is so tiny!

After about ten minutes, the bottle is finished and she burps him. Being a mom really suits her. I know it's all new and stuff but she really makes it all look so easy.

Kevin lets out a giant burp and she excuses them to go change him. I stay on the couch and wait. I wonder if she'd let me hold him. Why I feel such a strong urge to do so is beyond me.

She comes back out into the living room apologizing for the interruption.

"Sam, stop apologizing! It's fine." I smile.

"He'll go back down in about a half hour. That's all he does right now, eats, grunts, shits, cries, and sleeps." She laughs.

"May I hold him?" The words fall out of my mouth before I could catch them.

"Sure. I didn't want to force him on you." She smiles and holds him out for me to take.

He's a little bigger than a football and can't weigh more than twelve pounds. I try to mimic how she was holding him and from her laughter, I take it I am not doing that good of a job. She touches my arms and repositions the baby. Aside from the hug when we first saw each other, that's the only other time she's touched me and it makes my pulse race...as it always does.

After a bit, she moves Kevin to my shoulder where the little bundle grunts and gets comfortable. Within a couple minutes, he's asleep. It is amazingly soothing with him sleeping on my shoulder.

"You don't have to keep him. I can go put him down. You did good! He's asleep!" She says smiling at me.

"I'm okay with him here for a bit." I find myself saying.

She starts laughing, "You did too good! He's starting to drool on your shoulder!"

I should be disgusted but I find it adorable. Sam apologizes for Kevin ruining my shirt with drool. She really needs to stop apologizing.

This feels right. I don't know how to describe it...Sam sitting next to me talking and laughing with this little guy nuzzled up on my shoulder. This is the way it should be every day...Wait!...What in the fuck am I talking about?! This isn't my kid! This isn't MY family. I still have to finish college! I need to go...right now!

"It's really late. I should probably get going." I say looking at my phone.

Sam takes Kevin from me and puts him back to bed. Once she emerges from the bedroom, I'm already by the door. I have officially freaked myself out. Settling down and being a dad has NEVER crossed my mind before now and here I was ready to take it all on at that very moment. What the fuck?'

"Thank you for coming over. I'm sorry it didn't happen earlier this week. There was just far too much shit and I really didn't want to drag you into the middle of it." Sam says. I'm not sure if she can sense me being uneasy right now. I'm trying to hide it the best I can.

"Thank you for having me over. It was good to see you and to meet him. You did good, Mum!" I smile and give her a hug with a kiss on the cheek. I take in her scent again which draws me back to wanting to stay. Fuck! I really need to go!

I practically push her away and head out the door. I take about ten steps down the walkway and stop dead in my tracks. This isn't her fault I'm being a jerk. I should explain myself...but what would I say? I turn and she has already closed the door. I'll make up some lame excuse on why I hurried out of there like dinner didn't settle well and my stomach was upset, I'll text it to her, and sort this shit out in my head. What in the hell is wrong with me?!

A/N- Still love hearing from you!...either on here by sharing, voting, or commenting or on Twitter, @Mama_Mofo_ . Thank you for reading! I appreciate each and every one of you! :)