Chapter 31

I hear Anne gasp from the other side of my cubical wall. My phone goes off with an in coming text. It's Ashton.

"Is it just a crazy coincidence or is your boyfriend Louis Tomlinson?!"

"He is. PLEASE DO NOT say anything to anyone! I'll explain later."

"No worries. :)" He immediately responds.

"Thanks"

I turn to Anne and suggest we get the group to go out and eat today. I'd rather have the conversation about my personal life outside of these walls. She agreed.

I'm going to have to tell people. I'm not ashamed of dating Louis. I just don't want the world to know that the crazy stories he shares involve me, specifically...or, be friends with me to meet him...or, want free stuff or pics when we're all hanging out. I guess I want them to treat him just like any other guy I dated. I hope my friends here can do that.

As I hear the show wind down, I get a text from Louis minutes after it's over.

"I'm missing The Girlfriend. Dinner tonight? :)"

"Awwww. I miss you too! Of course! ;*"

"I'll pick you up at 5:30."

"Can't wait!" I respond. I'm excited to spend a little bonus time with him.

We all head out to lunch and I get the third degree.

"Sam! Why didn't you tell us?" Ashton asks in from of our group of friends and a couple chime in agreeing.

"I wanted to keep it mellow. I'm not sure how to handle it. My private life is being told to thousands of people all over the area. I guess I was just hoping the connection wouldn't be made and you guys could meet him and it wouldn't be any big deal." I answer.

"I can see that. But, it is funny as hell that it's you!" Ashton laughs. We all join him.

They ask a ton of questions about what he's like because of how he is on the show. I just keep reiterating that he is just a normal guy with a job in the public eye. I hope they understand and keep it between us.

* * * *

I barely get home from work and Louis pulls up.

I open the door and greet him with a hug and a kiss.

"That's all I needed. I can go home now." He says pretending to turn and walk away.

"Hey!" I say laughing grabbing his arm and pulling him back as he smiles.

"Let's go eat." He says and we take off.

We go to an Italian restaurant because I'm craving pasta.

"How was your day?" He asks me.

"It was good. Busy. I do have an idea for this weekend."

"What's that?"

"How about I make you dinner?"

"That would be great! My place?"

"That's what I'm thinking."

He smiles at me. He is so cute in his beanie. He wears them from time to time. He really should wear them more often.

We are about done eating and a couple women come up and verify if Louis is the one on the morning show. He answers that he is and they ask to take pictures with him. I am handed their phones to take them. They turn to me and ask if I'm "The Girlfriend". I smile and nod. They ask about my new tattoo. I confirm it. It's a bit uncomfortable for me having perfect strangers know things about me.