17.5

A/N: Hey fam, I'm not dead, so that's pretty cool. Happy New Year!!

"You know, making out in a car during our lunch break is so cliché." Mani mumbles, smiling into Dinah's lips, before reattaching their lips together in a smooth kiss. Even after all this time, each kiss gives the same effect as the first one they shared.

"If making out with my beautiful girlfriend just so happens to be cliché, I'm okay with that." The short haired blonde smirks.

"Smooth, babe." Normani giggles, leaning in so her girlfriend is forced to lean back so she is horizontally resting on the back seat.

"Are you planning on fucking me in my own car?" Dinah smirks again.

"It wouldn't be a first." Normani licks her lips seductively.

"As much as I'd enjoy that, your phone is vibrating, I think you should get it."

Normani groans dramatically and lifts herself off of her girlfriend to grab her phone. She narrows her eyes in confusion when she sees the caller ID. "It's my dad." She frowns. Her dad typically doesn't have time to talk when he's at work. Being an attending Orthopedic surgeon at Miami Medical doesn't give the man a whole lot of down time.

"Hey Daddy, what's up? You never call during the day."

"Your mom is here." He breathes out. The girl's breath gets knocked out of her chest and she swears she can feel her heart in her throat.

"Hey, babe. What's wrong?" Dinah sits up. She can feel the distress coming off of her girlfriend.

"Mani. She's going to be fine."

"What's wrong with her?!" She demands, with her voice shaking in anxiety. Dinah grabs her hand in support as her girlfriend listens to her dad.

"It's an unruptured brain aneurysm. We caught it early, it's very small, and we most likely won't have to operate. She's going to be just fine with the proper meds and lots of rest."

"What?! Daddy that sounds serious. How did she even find out?"

"She was having horrible headaches, and decided to come in, to get checked out by David." He explains.

"Is . . . is she sick again?" Normani asks nervously, sounding like a younger version of herself.

"No, sweetie, she is okay! No cancer, no illnesses, nothing. She is perfectly healthy besides this." Derrick comforts his daughter.

"Oh thank God." Normani finally takes a breath and lets the tears in her eyes fall. Dinah pulls her into her arms and kisses her forehead in comfort.

"Listen, Mani, I need to go, I'm going to discharge your mom and then drive her home. I can get Kim to write a doctor's note for you if you want to go home to be with your mother."

"Please." She sniffles.

"Of course, sweetie. All right, I love you. Bye." Her dad hangs up the phone and the black haired girl wraps her arms around Dinah.

"Do you need me to drive you home?" the blonde asks the crying girl.

"Just give me a minute and I'll be okay." Normani shakes her head. She doesn't allow herself to really ever be vulnerable, so stifling her tears and feelings is second nature.

Dinah nods, and just continues rubbing her back. She's learned that sometimes there are moments not to fight with Normani on stuff but just let her do her thing. She already has trust issues as is, so arguing with her during an obviously stressful time will only cause her to want to push Dinah away.