13.

A/N: Guys, I'm sick :( (In the middle of summer, how the hell)

Trigger Warning: Talk/Mention of Eating Disorders

After Lauren and Anna's talk, which resulted in the younger girl's slumber, the women in the house all decided to spend the rest of their night resting and just enjoying each other's company. Ally, Normani, and Camila were always really close to Ally's relative, as she was often the resident babysitter for all three of them when they were younger (being a ten-year-old aunt will do that to you). Dinah obviously came into their lives a lot later, but even she has been able to build a relationship with the older woman. All of the girls look up to Anna and even Brittany, so they jump on any chance they can get to see them. So far, the five girls including Lauren, are having a great time in New York and can't wait to really get their trip started.

"Mani, is there anything in particular you want to do today?" Dinah asks, as she walks around, hand in hand with her girlfriend.

"Um. Not right now. I'm fine with just walking around with you." The older girl says, cuddling into Dinah. Both girls have traveled to different places with different climates multiple times, but the New York air is no joke compared to Miami's year-round heat.

The couple just strides around the heart of the city, making their way past various off-Broadway theaters. Normani is quickly knocked out of her blissful walk when Dinah stops short, effectively yanking her back.

"Mani, oh my god. Look!" the blonde squeals, pointing to a billboard above the Second Stage Theater. Normani aims her line of site to where her excited girlfriend is pointing and laughs.

"Thoroughly Modern Millie! Baby, we have to go see it! It's fate!"

"You want to see it? I wasn't really planning on seeing a show today . . ." Normani trails off.

"Do I want to see it?! Mani, it's the show that brought us together of course I want to see it!"

Normani rolls her eyes with a smile and allows for her puppy girlfriend to pull her into the direction of the box office.

*Flashback*

"Okay kids. Welcome to auditions for this year's show, Thoroughly Modern Millie." The director of the show, as well as the school's drama teacher, Miss Lovato says from the large high school stage. Ally looks up at the woman with wide excited eyes. She may only be a sophomore but she is confident that she can obtain a lead. Hell, she has had her equity card since the age of eleven, and the only way she was even allowed to audition for the show was from written consent from Equity themselves. Being a professional actress doesn't really make things fair for everyone else, but Ally knows that she will not be treated any differently than the other kids auditioning as well. If she sucks, they'll let her know. But if she blows everyone else out of the water, well then the title role is hers. Maybe its not really right for her to be participating in the school's shows, but she wants to be as normal of a kid as she can.

"You all were to come prepared with thirty-two bars of music in the style of the show. You may be asked to complete scales by the pianist if need be. Tomorrow will be dance auditions for those that are called back for those. When your number is called, you will enter the music room, sing your piece and once that is complete you are free to go. Whoever is called back for dance auditions will be notified by the end of the night. Good luck to everyone." The woman states, before giving a small smile to the teenagers and strutting off the stage and into the hallway.

Ally beams to herself and turns around to face her two friends that are sitting directly behind her. "How are you guys? Nervous, excited?"

"I'm a little nervous if I'm honest. Dancing I know I'm good at, but I've never really sung for an audition before. If I can make it to the dance auditions tomorrow, I'll be fine."