Break Me Softly

I may have underestimated the band of geeks, and by underestimated, I mean that these guys are bat shit crazy. These guys were very mafia with their business.

"Ha-ha, okay you've had your fun. Now take this bag off my face." I chuckled nervously, as two guys dragged me away from my locker. When no one responded, and I was still being dragged,I started to panic. "Why is no one doing anything!" I cried out, twisting and turning, attempting to break free.

This school seriously, has the worst staffing in the history of public school. Already this year I have been slut shamed in front of an entire class, kidnapped the faculty and staff,  conducted a pep rally that turned into a riot, and now I, myself, am being kidnapped in broad daylight. Honestly, if I didn't already have algebra this class period, I would be angry. However, I can settle for just being terrified.

The guys who were dragging me, finally exhausted themselves with me wiggling around and threw me into a basket with wheels. At least I think it was a basket with wheels. I swear if this is where the football team keep their dirty laundry, I'll throat punch somebody. I don't need a repeat of my first day here.

The jock straps still haunt me.

"If you're serious about this whole kidnapping, just be aware that I chugged a bottle of water an hour ago, and I'll have to pee soon." I warned them. Who said the kidnap victims, couldn't be courteous?

Finally, after what seemed like forever, the cart abruptly stopped. I heard murmuring, then someone lifting me out of the basket. They carried me off with one of them holding up my legs, and the other supporting my arms. To put it simply, I felt like a pig, on a rotisserie. When we reached our destination, my kidnappers strapped me onto a chair and ripped the bag off my head.

I surveyed the dark room we were in. I wasn't sure where we were, and I was really scared I would be slaughtered. I honestly didn't see myself dying this way. I always imagined I would go out in a blaze of glory. Passing out at a Beyonce concert, due to acute fangirling. Death by Yoncè, it would have been beautiful.

A tall, lanky boy, with more acne craters than the moon, and greasy red hair stepped from beyond the shadows. He wore a baggy sweatshirt with our school logo on it, and baggy pants only help up by a belt. His shoes seemed really clean though, bright white. But his posture was poor, so he hunched over a bit, and his teeth were a little crooked, but not enough to have braces. He looked like the poster child of everything wrong with your body during puberty. Nonetheless, he did give me the creeps.

"Matey Greer, my name is Mort Fogelman." He said introducing himself in a surprisingly deep voice, I expected a higher, pubescent voice. But this guy sounded like he was born to narrate insurance commercials or something. It just shows me not to judge too quickly. Then again, his name is Mort...."We came to an agreement some time ago, and the time to pay your debt has come. Are you ready to move forward?"

I stared at him flatly, and rolled my eyes. "A simple text would have been fine. You didn't need to send your goons after me."

Mort faltered a bit and glanced at the boys that had kidnapped me, uneasy. Then his gaze landed back on me, apologetically. "Sorry, we don't get to do this often. I saw an opportunity and I took it." he admitted shyly.

"Don't worry, kudos on the kidnapping. I've had many kidnappings that ended horribly, and I have to say, yours was flawless. Really you and I should work together someday." I smiled, admiring Mort's successful scheme. I could only aspire to be that well prepared one day.

"Well enough of the flattery. I called you because you are notorious for your controversial schemes. Usually I could care less what you do, because quite frankly you haven't caused me or my people any harm."