Chasing Hans

"Alright you low lives-"

"Rude much?" Laurel scoffed, but I ignored her. It was my time to shine and as much as I loved her, no one was going to take that away from me.

"-you are all gathered here because we have two main tasks at hand." I announced. Pj and Nate were new to this process. Before, I just went with my gut feeling, but over time I had developed a hunger for organized scheming. It just seemed, much more effective.

Pj raised her hand to ask a question, but Reese took it down and shook his head. "No questions during presentation. Q&A's are after." he informed her quietly. Pj furrowed her brows but nodded in understanding.

"First on our agenda is-" I said sliding into the next box on my self made slideshow, "finding my mojo. My evil and scheming gene." in place I had a picture of Dr.Evil holding Austin Powers mojo. I strived for creativity in this presentation.

"How will we do that?" Nate asked, without raising his hand. Beside him, Reese and Ezra both covered Nate's mouth.

"Dude, questions are later." Ezra hissed, staring between Nate and I cautiously. Nate glared at Ezra until his removed his hand. He did the same to Reese, but Nate didn't really intimidate his best friend.

I chose to ignore all of them and carry on. "As soon as we find a solution then we'll kick start our newest operation. You know-getting Hans to forgive Pj....I'll come up with an operation name and codenames at a later meeting." I shrugged lamely ending my slideshow.

"Or we could just let it happen on its own. You know Matey, sometimes you have to let people work through it and not push." Nate piped in. I openly gaped at him, did he just ask me to mind my own business?

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrow. "Are you asking me to not be myself?"

"You know that's not what I meant." Nate stated flatly. He got up from his seat and pulled me to the side so we could talk privately. I swear if he didn't make my heart jump like criss-cross, I would have seriously been annoyed.

Alas, my teenage hormones were all like 'YAAAS QUEEN!' When he held my hand in his.

"I know you're trying to help Pj and all. But maybe this doesn't need to be pushed. Forgiveness isn't something you can force on someone. Maybe that's why your evil groove is gone." He explained to me softly, cautious about setting me off. I pressed my lips together, contemplating my options.

Take matters into my own hands? Or let life take the wheel? Manipulate Hans' feelings for Pj. Or give him time to come up with his own conclusion.

"What if I gave him a little push?" I asked sheepishly. Nate raised his eyebrow, as if saying not even that could happen. I sighed and let my shoulders sag. "What if I just get him in the right place, at the right time? You know, legally." I added, hopeful.

Nate wrapped his arms around me and a big smile plastered my face. He pulled me in tight. It was a nice hug...but then he pressed my face against his shirt. Then I took note of what he was doing.

The son of a bitch was trying to suffocate me!

"Shh, doll face." He mumbled pressing me tighter against him. I waved my arms around and tried to smack him. "Don't struggle it'll all be over soon." he cooed.

My shitty survival skills-the ones I attribute to watching wrestling- kicked in. I bit into Nate's chest. He yelped in pain and quickly jumped away from me. I glared at him, heaving heavily from the lack of oxygen I had.

"You're dead Archer!" I growled pouncing on his back, going in to strangle him. I wrapped my left arm around his neck and squeezed. He tried to buck me off but with each passing second, he became weak.