Naked Marching Band

Warning:
The author got really sick, and took a bunch of medications, so she didn't edit anything. Nor does she remember half of what she wrote. Enjoy!

- - -

Reese, Pj, Ezra, and I all snuck into the locker room after school. The hillside band were already on the field practicing their routine, and it gave us the perfect opportunity to get our hands on their uniforms. The plan was to make get them itching to leave Palo Ville, with their tails tucked between their legs.

"Alright hand me the powder." I said, placing my hand out waiting for Pj to give me the itching powder. She handed it to me, and I powdered different uniforms. I tried not to put too much powder in each uniform, I wanted to be as discreet as possible.

Pj, Ezra, and Reese eventually helped, as we all took turns watching the door. Thanks to Reese, we easily snuck into the locker room area. Pj and Ezra were the ones who came up with the idea to persuade the band to practice before the game. They taunted them, by saying our band had a special performance in the works. Lets just say that the hillside band was pretty riled up after that, and hungry for competition.

"Do you think this is going to work?" Ezra asked, as we left the locker room to commence phase two of the plan.

"Do my plans ever fail?" I replied smugly.

"Yes."

"You're prone to failure."

"Dude, I have the scars to prove it!"

I glared at them flatly and rolled my eyes. "Jeez, no need to personally attack me."

"Well you did ask." Pj shrugged. "Come on lets go check on Hans and Laurel." she said leading the way. I made a move to follow after her, but Reese tugged on my sleeve, stopping me.

"I need to talk to you, alone." he sad earnestly. I frowned and knew I couldn't avoid this conversation any longer. I just wished we had this talk a long time ago.

"I know," I sighed. "You want to keep all the stuff animals I gave you. I told you Reese, those things are yours. What you do with them behind closed doors is  your business buddy." I said, patting his shoulder in passing.

Reese caught my hand and pulled me back. "I was talking about Nate." he retorted, annoyed. My heart dropped when I realized Nate had talked to him about it. I had hoped Reese was oblivious to it all...I can see now that, that wasn't the case.

Maybe I could try playing it off?

"Oh?" I raised my eyebrow, "Well I haven't seen him today. Actually I think he mentioned something about not making it today. It's totally fine, I'm sure he's busy." I feigned a smile and made a move to leave, however my brother was hot on my heels.

"Matey, I think we both know that's bull." Reese retorted, staring at me sternly.

Okay, so playing it off didn't work.

I sighed and stared at Reese flatly. "So he told you."

"Of course he did. I'm his best friend and your step brother." He pointed out smartly.  Reese shook his head and sat down on a bench, he patted the seat next him and gestured for me to do the same. I knew Reese was going to give me some long meaningless lecture. I also knew he wouldn't let it go until I heard him out. So I sat beside him.

"Just so we're clear, I did the right thing." I clarified, defending myself.

"You are truly the biggest idiot." He muttered, rolling his eyes. "Nate nearly ripped my head off my shoulders when he found me. You really told him to go out with Darcy?"