That Homewrecker Look

"Laurel you have to strike in the right position. If you don't then you're stepping in someone else's place and that's point deducted." I sighed rubbing my temples.

Over the course of a few weeks, Laurel had come a long way. She wasn't our strongest dancer, but she wasn't as bad as she used to be. We spent all our spare time at the gym rehearsing the dance routine.

Her stamina was up to par, but her moves were still a bit stiff and awkward. I wasn't going to mention it aloud, but regionals was only a few weeks away and I wasn't satisfied.

"I'm trying, but every time I do that my mark is off." she argued.

"You're putting to much air in it, try it again and don't let your arms smack the person behind you." I reminded her.

Laurel rolled her eyes and started from the top. The majority of the routine was great, but when her plie came in she always landed in the wrong mark.

After watching her fail a couple times, I called it. There was only so many times you can do the same move over and over again without putting a strain on yourself. Laurel shot me a grateful look when I blew my whistle.

Her body quickly gave out and she dropped to the ground. I hovered over her and helped her up.

"You did good today."

"My legs feel like spaghetti." she groaned, "I hate dancing so fucking much."

"Why don't you quit?" I asked her. She raised her eyebrow questioning my sanity-trust me I know that look by heart.

"Have you met my sister?" she scoffed. "Lacy is obsessed with the family legacy. I can't just quit, I'm not a nice person but compared to Lacy I'm mother Theresa."

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"For what?"

"For doing something you don't like. But it's your choice whether you want to play by others rules or your own." I told her. She looked at me as if I was a stranger that had shown her magic was real.

"Is that what you do?"

"I lived with a mom who let me be whatever I wanted. She never held me back and supported everything I did. My life wasn't predestined, it's whatever I want it to be. For the most part I'm happy. Why can't people be more like that-albeit less crazy." I chuckled.

"You've actually said something that doesn't want to make me smack you. Nice job midget." Laurel smirked patting my head.

"I'm growing on your little grinch heart." I awed poking her boob. She smacked my hand quickly shooting me a glare.

"You fucking weirdo!" she yelped.

"I prefer crazy." I smirked.

***

These past few days had been weird with Nate. He'd been avoiding me for the most part. And even when we found ourselves face to face, it seemed awkward and strained.

Like right now, at my house. Nate was over to hang out with Reese. Everything was as usual- awkward....

UNTIL- Reese left to help my dad pick up a few boxes from the storage room downtown. We were soon left alone in the living room watching the movie we had picked out.

"The killer is behind the door." Nate muttered.

"Stop spoiling-"

'Ahh!' the girl screamed when she was stabbed in the back. Of course the killer was behind the door.