Teen Spirit

"Do you kids have any idea how much trouble your little show is costing us?" Principal Vega asked us rhetorically. But that didn't stop me from answering?

Of course not.

"Listen sir, I'm sorry for causing an uproar and making a bomb ass show. But I bet you it cost a lot less than the new football equipment the district bought for the team. You know the team that's had a losing season. I understand my little scheme may have gone down horribly wrong, but really who's the real monster? The guy who shut down the drama club because he spent all the money on stain resistant jersey's, when ironically enough the team never even played hard enough to stain them. Or the girl who gave everybody a good time?" I ranted passionately. To be honest I couldn't care less about the misuse of money, or the drama club. I was just trying to save my own skin.

"Miss.Greer!" Principal Vega snapped, throwing his fist down on his desk out of frustration. It would have been intimidating, you know, If his protruding belly didn't jiggle with his every move.

Everyone tried to stifle a laugh, but it was hard. Principal Vega wasn't the terrifying principal every high school should have. He was a small round man, with premature balding, and a fondness for sweater vests. To me, he was adorable. I had to resist the urge to pinch his cheeks and coo every time I saw him.

Before Principal Vega could punish us, the school secretary knocked on the door. "The parents are here sir. Would you like me to tell them to wait while you finish up?" she asked in a nasally voice.

"No, I think they should all hear first hand what happened." Principal Vega said, gesturing for her to usher in our parents.

From beside me, Hans began to nervously pant, Reese looked pale, Pj was biting her lip, Ezra looked lost for some reason, and even Laurel and Nate looked mildly worried. I however didn't even break a sweat. I could talk my way out of this easily. All it took was perspective on the events that had transpired.

"My parents are going to rip me to bits when they hear." Pj whispered to me. I turned to everyone and gestured for them to keep quiet.

"Relax everyone, just let me do all the talking and we'll get out of this looking like legends. Parents love me." I winked at them.

"I have a strong feeling we should do the opposite of what she says." Ezra said to everyone.

"I have that feeling too." Reese piped in.

"Yep, definitely." Hans nodded.

"Maybe if we cry, they'll pity us." Pj suggested.

"The new girl is a genius. Yes, lets do that!" Ezra cried out, pointing at Pj.

"I was here before you. If anyone's new it's you!" Pj retorted, narrowing her eyes at Ezra.

"Excuse me, but I haven't seen you around lately Sj." Ezra shot back, narrowing his eyes.

"My name is Pj, you idiot! And lets just say what everyone is thinking. You were my replacement, and now that i'm here, you can leave." Ezra gasped, and placed his hand over his heart, offended.

"I'll have you know, that I am the glue in the dysfunctional family, and you have done nothing but cause harm!" Pj made a move to attack Ezra, only to have Reese hold her back.

"Guys we can't fight now!" Reese snapped.

"Can't you see what this is doing to all of us? Our parents aren't even in the room yet and we're already falling apart." Hans pointed out. I smiled smugly, and nodded.

"We let the midget mastermind do all the talking. I can't believe i'm saying this, but I have more faith in her than I do all of you." Laurel said backing me up. From behind her, I looked at the rest and nodded, agreeing with her. See, there's a reason why I chose her to be my best friend.