Sarcasm And Ice

Not edited because I'm binge watching Criminal Minds. But enjoy!
|cover credit to
percyjasonleo478|

I quickly dipped my head and avoided eye contact. Maybe they hadn't seen us. I really hoped they hadn't seen us. Then they could go on their way because if I'm being completely honest,seeing Nate is the last thing I want to do.

Secretly, I hoped Ezra would catch my drift and shut his trap.

"Nate, over here man!" Ezra called from across the diner.

The drift was not caught.

"What the hell are you doing?" I hissed through gritted teeth. Ezra smirked like a smug bast-

"Hey you two." Nate said curtly arriving at our booth with skankzilla still clinging onto him. "What are you guys doing here?" he asked.

"I'm treating Matey to an early dinner because she came with me to a tattoo parlour." Ezra smiled at Nate charminly. Nate however looked like he wanted to rip Ezra's face off.

"So this is a date?" Nate asked bluntly raising his eyebrow at me.

"No-"

"Ew who would want to date the school skank?" Sadie cut in with a snarl. I narrowed my eyes at her ready to fire back when Ezra reached out and clasped my hand. Shocked, I stared at him and he nodded as if telling me to let it go.

I sighed and knew I had to be the bigger person. Metaphorically speaking, because Sadie had a couple inches on me.

Skank.

Tall skank.

I turned back to Sadie and Nate. I ignored Nate's hard glare and refocused on Sadie who clung to Nate for dear life.

"Well Sinister Sadie...that's the same question I've been asking myself since I saw you two walk in?" I retorted snarky like. Sadie rolled her eyes and ran her hand down Nate's chest.

She looked like a cat sinking her claws in a scratch post.

"I sense jealousy princess." she hissed glaring daggers at me. I dramatically placed my hand over my heart as if really hurt.

"Oh my god Sadie you are so right. I'm jealous that Nate gets you all to himself." I retorted sarcastically. Sadie blinked retracting her hand from Nate's chest.

"Wait...I meant you were jealous of me because I'm with Nate?" she mumbled dumbfounded. Nate and Ezra both cracked grins as they caught on to my sarcasm. Unfortunately Sadie was down a few brain cells and lacked the sarcasm detector needed to communicate with me.

"We should get going. It's getting kind of late." Ezra cut in to ease out of the awkward yet heated tension. I glanced back at Nate who didn't look happy at all. Sighing, I too got up to leave.

Securely, I fixed Ezra's jacket snug around my waist. It would have been embarrassing walking around with a hole in my pants. Ezra walked ahead of me and I walked slowly behind him when someone caught my arm.

I turned back and found Nate grasping my arm. His brown eyes fixated on his hand grasping my arm.

Finally he eyes met mine with concern. "I don't trust him."

I knew he was talking about Ezra. Somewhere in Nate's screwed up head, he thought Ezra was a serious threat. But as happy as his concern for me made me happy. I couldn't let go of the fact that he didn't trust me enough when he was upset. It was a slap to our friendship.