A Lesson In Lying

"Watch where you're going!" I screamed out of the car window.

The old woman jumped out of the street. Then she...um flipped me an unflattering finger.

"She had the right of way!" Nate cried out clutching his backpack to his chest.

I took a sharp right turn and slid the car into a parking spot. I smiled satisfied with my parking. That's when I heard soft whimpering and turned to find Nate hyperventilating.

What a baby.

He fumbled with the door handle and fell out. Nate cried out in pain but was kissing the ground. I climbed out the car and glared at him. Why did everyone hate my driving?

"Never, I will never let you drive." Nate said determinedly.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "I have a license for a reason. They don't give em' away to just anyone ya know."

Nate snatched my driver's license in my hands. He glared at it with some deep hatred, "Whoever issued this to you has a special place in hell for them. How did you even pass driver's ed?" he asked truly baffled.

I shrugged as I recalled good ole Paul. "My instructor had the hots for my mom." I shrugged. 

"Unbelievable." he muttered, "you do know you only passed on a technicality." he pointed out bitterly.

"No!" I said offended, "I can pass this test again."

Nate nodded, "I'll hold you to that." he swore.

Before we could argue anymore I hauled Nate off the ground. We were on a mission. One that was very dangerous and if caught, one of us would be dead.

That person being me.

And I don't know if I mentioned it before...but my hobbies include dancing, That's 70's Show, and living. I would really love to see flying cars and instant pizza. But I can't do that if Laurel kills me.

And Nate was recruited...or dragged into helping me out this morning.

"I could stuff you in a locker." he suggested as we walked the empty hallways.

"Who am I, Eugene Dickerson?" I scoffed.

"Who?"

"Exactly."

"What if I hide you in a classroom?"

"And skip school? I think I have enough absences as is." I sighed. "Come on, think Archer. If Laurel catches me, I'm a dead woman!"

"I don't even know why I'm helping you!" he grunted.

"Because we're friends and as my friend you don't want to see me dead." I pouted, I knew I won him over when he grinned wide.

"Fine. But you so owe me." He rolled his eyes. Then his eyes drifted towards an empty classroom. "How good are you at U.S History?" he asked.

"I'm decent, why?" I asked.

***
I looked down at my outfit. How Nate managed to pull this off was beyond me. But I'm not going to question his genius...or say that out loud. Nate is arrogant enough- no need to fill his head up with more gas.

"You look different as a brunette." Nate noted.

"I look like I'm about to give a lesson about....the Vietnam war." I said nervously.

"That's because you are."

"This is a really bad idea. How did you manage to pull this off?" I raised my eyebrow.