Heads Will Roll

To say I am without fear, could only spell a lie.

I'm scared shit-less! Why, you ask? Because I convinced dad and Tara I was sick and had avoided school for a week now.

Oddly enough, that's about as much time that's passed since I last heard from Pj. But I didn't think much of it. Sure we were friends, but we were no where near being best friends. And I know the whole Reese debacle was behind us.

I was scared because dad thought it was time for me to go back.

"But dad, i'm still sick. Are you willing to risk the well being of 500 or so students and send me back?" I pouted, rounding my signature puppy blue eyes.

Dad groaned but Tara-ever the nightmare-put her foot down. "Gar, she's missed a week. She'll only fall behind even more."

"But Tara-" I began before she cut me off.

"You've been here two months Matey, you could lose a lot of material in one week. It's time for you to go back." she said with finality.

I gave dad one long hopeful look. "Daddy, I feel really really sick." I whimpered like a child.

Dad was about to break. He couldn't resist the puppy eyes and the sad face. I was about one second away from crying and winning when Tara reared her ugly head in again.

"You must not be that sick, as you stayed up all night watching That 70's Show." she pointed out.

I rolled my eyes, "Sick people can watch t.v Tara."

"Yeah but most sick people don't laugh like hyenas while reciting lines from the show."

I smiled, despite myself. It was impressive. "I have cramps?" I offered in my last desperate effort to stay home.

"March up those stairs and-"

"Go straight to bed?" I cut off my dad innocently.

"School.Now." he ordered sternly.

Childishly....I stomped upstairs. I even made sure to slam my door exceptionally loud.

I glanced around my room. It's certainly come a long way from the my little pony vortex it once was. I convinced Reese to keep all the stuffed animals...though I have a sneaking suspicion he enjoyed the extra company on his bed. I cluttered the pink walls with photos of friends from Miami and band logos. I bought new white comforters and replaced my old fairy lights with new ones.

I much rather spend time in my room than go to school. The last time I went I was called a whore.

I may seem tough, but when you have a bunch of dweebs calling you a whore...it takes a major toll on you.

Someone knocking on my door pulled me out of my reverie. "Matey, it's me Reese. Can I come in?" he asked.

"If I say no...are you going to leave?" I asked bitterly.

There was a long pause before he responded, "No, no i'm not going anywhere." he admitted.

I sighed as I yanked the door open. Reese cringed when he saw me....he literally cringed! "You look awful."

I rolled my eyes, "That's exactly what a girl wants to hear in the morning."

"Get dressed, we have to get to school early."

"Why?" I whined.

"I have football practice, duh." he flicked my forehead.

"I really need to talk to my dad about giving me a car." I grumbled as I kicked Reese out to get dressed.