Betrayal Is A Bitch

Do you ever feel like everyone is watching you? Do you ever feel like that's happening 354 Times in an hour's time span?

"Hey am I the only one noticing the prying eyes?" I mumbled to Reese who was walking me to class.

He shrugged and smiled at a busty blonde. "I'm used to it, I am popular you know." he smirked arrogantly.

I groaned, I should have seen that one coming.

"I'm serious. They're all staring....like gawking. It's really creepy." I insisted suddenly wishing I could vanish altogether.

Reese looked down and frowned at me. His whole playful persona replaced by the protective brother.

"Whatever it is, I'll find out. Until then, tell me if anyone messes with you. Let me know Matey. I'm serious." He said before patting my head and leaving to his class.

I walked into class. I was a straggler, everyone had already found their seats. Unfortunately for me, that meant I had to sit in the middle.

Next to- SADIE SINISTER SINCLAIR.

"How was Hans in bed Matey?" she whispered loud enough for the whole class to hear.

I literally did a double take. What the hell is Sadistic Sadie talking about? She must really be craving for attention, because she's enjoying this way too much.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I scoffed putting up a front. But really I was racking my brain because what she said didn't make sense!

"Don't play stupid." she glared at me. The girl next her- one of the twins with half a brain snickered.

"It's not an act Sads." She said in a poor attempt of being funny. Only idiots would laugh.

Surprisingly, it was just Sadie and her clone that laughed.

"Everyone knows you screwed Hans on that date Friday." She sneered.

"I didn't!" I shouted.

And just like in any cliche teen movie a paper ball was thrown at my head. I unrolled it and mumbled the chicken scrawl aloud.

SLUT

The boys in the back snickered. The nerds in the front chuckled. Then everyone began to laugh. I felt myself sink further and further in my seat.

Sadie began the chant....then everyone followed. "SLUT, SLUT, SLUT!"

Where the hell was the teacher? Shouldn't he be here to stop this crude nonsense? What kind of facility is my dad's tax dollars going towards???

All of this ran through my mind as I ran for the door. What I wanted to know the most was, where was Reese?

***

"What the hell Matey? I waited for you in the parking lot for an hour and you didn't show up. How long have you been home?" he asked his tone going from hard to gentle in a nanosecond, once he saw the state I was in.

My blonde hair was piled in a birds nest of a bun. I stripped my good clothes for a ratty rolling stones shirt and a pair of sweatpants with a hole in the knee from when I fell in a mud patch.

I was crying and my blue eyes were puffy. But not from the idiots at school, but from an episode of Awkward. You know where Matty sees Jenna move on with that army guy.

Yeah, I think we all cried when that happened.

"Since second period." I mumbled waving him off, "I don't want to talk about it."