Chapter 9

~Later on in the night- still at the party~

"Dinah, we'll be right back!" Camila yelled over the music as she dragged Selena towards the stairs of the house. 

"Okay girl, tell me when we gotta leave! Don't have too much fun!" Dinah winked and continued dancing with a boy Camila has never seen before. Camila laughed and led Selena upstairs and into a dark room. Without turning on the light, Camila pushed Selena up against the door and smashed their lips together. The older Latina moaned against her lips and pulled Camila impossibly closer to her body. 

Things were just getting heated when Selena gasped and pushed Camila off of her. "Selena what-" Then Camila turned to see what she was looking at behind her back, her jaw dropping at the sight. 

"Hey, Camz. I see you brought a friend with you." 

"Lauren? What are you doing up here? I thought you guys couldn't come?" 

"When did we say that? I was just late. I was picking Lucy up from the airport. Oh, that reminds me. Camila, this is Lucy. Lucy, this is Camila." 

Lauren stepped out of the way to allow Lucy to reach her hand out in front of her. Camila hesitantly shook her hand and took a few steps back. "Its nice to meet you," Camila greeted. "Nice to see the face that Lauren talks so much about." 

"Same to you. Lauren seemed pretty excited to make a new friend." Lucy smiled genuinely at her, making Camila feel bad for secretly hating her guts. She hated Lucy even more for being so pretty. Like, how can someone be that pretty in the first place? 

Camila suddenly remembered why she came in this room in the first place. She turned around to see Selena awkwardly standing there. Camila waved her over and grabbed her hand. "Lauren and Lucy, this is Selena. She's a-" 

"We're dating, but we're not official yet. Nice to meet you guys." Selena interrupts. Camila's heads snapped towards her at her words but Selena gave her the 'go with it' look. Camila cleared her throat and put on a fake smile. 

Lauren's eyebrows raised at the news. She looked over at Camila questioningly, not even hiding her suspicion. "Dating? Since when?" 

"Go ahead, babe. Tell them how we met." Selena winked at the panicking Latina and kissed the knuckles of her hand. 

"U-um well, I was moving boxes into my dorm with my mom and I couldn't really see in front of me on one of the runs to the car. So being the clumsy person I am, I accidentally ran into her in the parking lot. Then she offered to help me carry my stuff and.. yeah. That's it pretty much. We've been talking ever since and have been on a couple dates." 

"Hm, funny you never mentioned her when we were hanging out." Lauren said skeptically with her arms crossed. Camila opened her mouth to say something but Selena beat her to it. 

"We wanted to keep it lowkey. We were new to each other and anything could've happened really. Just cause Camila doesn't flaunt our relationship around doesn't mean she's not in one to begin with." 

"Lauren, can we go get something to drink? I'm thirsty." Lucy pushed Lauren out the door while side-eyeing Camila and Selena. 

Once they were out the door, Camila sat on the bed and sighed. Selena sat down next to her and wrapped her arm around her back. "I'm guessing that's your friend who ditched you?" 

"Yep." 

"And you like her?" 

"Unfortunately." 

"Good thing I said we were dating." Selena laughed and laid down on the bed with her feet still touching the floor.

Camila turned to her and straddled her hips. "Thank you for that, by the way. I don't want to like her anymore, but I'm also not really ready for a relationship. At least not until I'm over her. That wouldn't be fair to you."